• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right, here he is... may I introduce Alaska! (and our dogs)

LurcherGirl

Mama Doe
Here is the little rascal... as you can see, he has hardly arrived here (last Sunday) and is already into everything... in fact, I had to stick him into his cage to take decent pictures because he wouldn't sit still for even one second... :lol:

Hello! It's me... Alaska
Alaska%2024062006-11r.JPG

I am a good boy... I say my prayers every night before going to bed
Alaska%2024062006-7r.JPG

Mummuy, I don't want to stay in my cage
Alaska%2024062006-10r.JPG

I really want to get out
Alaska%2024062006-14r.JPG

That's better, I can run around the floor now... and no, I am not going to do the hoovering, that's mummy's job
Alaska%2024062006-2r.JPG

Hmmm, what's behind there?
Alaska%2024062006-4r.JPG

Alaska%2024062006-5r.JPG

aawww he's adorable too ! :D :D Fifi is just the same.. i reckon i took about 20 odd photos the other day and ended up with 3 that werent too blurry! She hates to sit still for long.. too busy investigating everything and anything! Aawwww i love his name too.. Alaska suits him perfectly! Have you found him a girlfriend yet? :D :wink:

Re: Right, here he is... may I introduce Alaska!

LurcherGirl said:
I am a good boy... I say my prayers every night before going to bed
Alaska%2024062006-7r.JPG

]

arhhhh.... thats the cutest thing i've seen in a long time !

Any excuse to show my boys off... :lol:

Here's Dylan, he is a 5-year old saluki cross:
Dylan_Warlingham_original3.jpg
(Picture taken by Nick Ridley)

Dylan_0705_1.jpg
Picture taken by Gretel Ensignia)

Here's Flash, he is a 2-year old saluki cross:
Flash%201005.jpg

flash%201005-5.jpg

Flash%201005-2.jpg

Dylan and Flash doing what lurchers do best
86134559a5d78bf20033a7e326216f8696cc356f195d0847697049ad.jpg

And here's one of all three boys:
Flash_%20Vera_%20Dylan_%20Troy.jpg

wow they are stunning I love flash what unique colouring he has never seen a lurcher witht hose markings??

Dylan is beautiful too, what are the marks from on his chest? Can he be a bit unpredictable judging by the muzzle??

And your 3rd boy is he a labrador?

What boooootiful doggies :love:

Flash is a red grizzle, it's a saluki as well as a collie colour (which is what he is crossed with).

Dylan has many scars from being attacked by other dogs and a couple of accidents. Lurchers have very thin skin and it tears easily. He's had stitches/staples six times...

No, Dylan is not unpredictable (in fact he is very predictable! :) ), but lurchers play very rough and like to nip when running together. And because their skin is very thin, lurchers often get muzzled when playing together to prevent accidents. In Dylan's case, we muzzled him during walks for the first six months after we got Flash until I was sure I could control him. This picture was taken last October on holiday. He is not muzzled anymore now and is fine. I can also verbally stop them when they get too rough with each other now. Generally I throw a ball for each which they then carry in their mouth when running around - that's the safest way for them to run... :lol:

No, Troy is not a labrador, he is about twice that size... He is a Pyrenean Mountain Dog... look here how big he is...

Dylan_and_Troy_nosey_1102.jpg

He is about 6' when he stands up

Troy_Lap_Dog_1202.jpg

Back