• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EEEEEWWWW-I can't believe it!

When I was cleaning out my bunnies cage he has a raised litter tray and i lifted it up to empty it and there was a dead mouse underneath it. I hate mice, and i don't like dead things. So I totally freaked. I dont know how long it was there for, the last time I moved the litter tray was the last time I cleaned it out which was about 5 days ago (I have really good litter in it). I am so freaked. I had to get my little bro to get it out and then I washed everything. I threw out his cardboard box, hosed out and disinfected the litter tray. Disinfected the lino. Cleaned the food and water dish and threw his vet bed in the laundry to be washed. Now I'm scared of what the mouse might of died from, it was all flattened out and it looked like something and squished its kneck. When I lifted up the litter tray my bunny ran over to it and sniffed it before I could grab him. ARRRGGHHH!!

Thankyou, now I know what to look for, i am very worried so I will have to make sure he keeps eating etc. It (the mouse) was very discusting.

eeeeeek thats disgusting....!!!
I cant handle dead animals either, my dog was another matter and I think the bunnies will to but OMG! a mouse....
Glad someone was there to get rid of it for you

Back