• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are all people stupid

elaine

Mama Doe
About 6 months ago a lady contacted me to help with rabbits which I did I took in the end 20 over the course of 6 weeks, babies that she had been breeding, well yesterday I got a phonecall from the Patrollers (wardens) could I help a lady who has 39 babies that she needs to rehome, she has basically which she admits been breeding for the pet shops, who now won't take them, I eventually phoned her and yes she has 39 ranging from 8 weeks to 2 days, she did keep breeding even after last time,

I have now agreed to help by taking the babies but I also want the males so she cannot breed again as this is the very last time

would other rescues have helped after the first time or told her to go away politely whihc I really wanted to do

i dont see as you could do anything but help :(

in theory no we shouldnt ....but then what happens to the buns .

i would personaly push to take them all though .

Although if she wants to carry on shell just go get some more :cry: :cry: :evil:

stupid woman :evil: :evil: :evil:

Angie

ever feel like your banging your head against a brick wall :evil:

It's a very difficult situation...when you're removed from it it's easy to say turn down this second lot..but as you say, you then worry about the buns :( It's a no win situation...I would tell her you'll take the babies as long as you can take all the adults too and see what she says.

What a mess.....times like this we rescues have to step back, take a deep breath and look back at pictures of the buns we've helped..or we'd give up :(
Good luck with getting the adults..keep us posted..

Back