• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny after her eye operation

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Some of you may have seen the pictures of Bunny shortly after she arrived here on Saturday. She is a 10 year old female dutch, her eye had swelled up but since the swelling appeared her previous owner had not taken her to the vets. This is how she looked at the weekend

06061.jpg

06062.jpg

By Tuesday evening when I took her to see my vet the swelling had got much worse. Rob said it looked like Glaucoma and when he shone a light in her eye you could see the lens had also slipped. She would have been in a lot of pain with this :cry:
She was booked in to have her eye removed today. The swelling had got even worse and it looked very uncomfortable.
Considering her old age and the type of operation we knew it was very risky but the only other option would have been to have her put to sleep and I at least wanted to try. I am really pleased to say the operation was a huge success :D . When Rob removed the eye he found that the bone around it was deformed and a bit was missing, so any remaining blood is filtering through her right nostril :shock: (luckily its very little). He also found what looked to be part of the brain had started to come through the skull behind the eye :shock: he had to push it back through and sew everything together :shock: When I spoke to him afterwards he said it looks like there could have been some sort of trauma there so perhaps some time in the past she has been hit or dropped :x
Considering everything that has happened she looks very bright and is eating again. Here she is this evening
DSCN3264.jpg

DSCN3266.jpg

Depending on how she recovers she will be looking for a loving home ;)

:shock: poor baby! :shock: I'm glad she came through the op OK bless her :D ! it sounds like she's been through so much!

:shock: Aww bless her!! Poor girl :( :( She sounds like a very strong bunny... hope she finds a loving home very soon :D

GULP!! :shock:
Poor old lady :(
Glad she came through the op'
I think my Murphy Bunny is going to have the very same op' today...... :(

Janex

Cheryl well done you for taking her in and making sure she got to a vet....poor Bunny..here's wishing her well and hoping a loving home comes along for her soon.

Awww, poor thing. I remember her eye, it looked terrible. She will sure be a lot more comfortable now once it is all healed up! Vera

aawwww im glad the op went ok... Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery and find a lovely home.. Well done Cheryl! :D

awww bless her that looks so saw bless her cotton tail home she recovery well ..my thoughts are with u all my luv becks xxxxx

Back