• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playing dead

raven_guest

Mama Doe
My new doe is very very nervous and when I try to catch her and she realises she has no way of escaping she rolls over. Is she playing dead? I've never seen a bun do this before unless they're happy, but she looks far from happy as her eyes are closed and her mouth is open (teeth closed together)
Any advice?

I had a rabbit (a rex) that would get very stressed when I tried to catch her. She looked like she had fainted.

I later found out after she went to the bridge that rex's can have bad eyesight.

My new bunny does a similar thing, only he just lies completely flat - I've never seen a rabbit go quite like it before - he looks a bit like one of those tiger skin rugs!

Sad thing is, it makes her easier to catch! I've got her some calming tablets (all natural) which I hope will help as she is really bad and I want her to be happy.

Back