• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 a day?!!!!

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
How many veg do you give your buns a day?

Soph and Ruds usually have around 5 cucumber, carrot, sugar snap peas, brocolli, cauliflower, usually parsely/corriander/basil and occasionally some fruit pear/banana/apple!

Was just wondering what other buns get in their veg bowl daily?! :D

Righto Laura my lot (all 33 of them :shock: ) are on their way up to you. They think they'll get a far superior menu Chez Princess Sophie and Rudy-Rabbit!! :lol:
Mine get Spring Greens, Celery, Kale, Carrot, Basil. But only one type of Veg a day.
I am a very mean Bunny Mummy compared to you!!

Janex

Should mine be having that much then?! :? :lol: :lol: I always thought they would like a variety!! :lol:

loopylop said:
Should mine be having that much then?! :? :lol: :lol: I always thought they would like a variety!! :lol:

yep then you havent got 33 or more to feed :D but leaf green veggies are better for buns!

bunnylove said:
loopylop said:

yep then you havent got 33 or more to feed :D but leaf green veggies are better for buns!

Thanks Eve :D THey do have spring greens ocassionally too :D

Molly gets beteen two and three types a day and sometimes a bit of fruit or a couple of raisins as a treat. I give him from a selection of greens, various types of cabbage, broccolli, carrots and carrot tops, and cucumber. Cos that's usually what's in my fridge. :lol:

He's been geting a fair bit of fruit lately, his favs are grape, gala melon, apple and strawberries. I just give him some if I'm eating it.

Deelove said:
Molly gets beteen two and three types a day and sometimes a bit of fruit or a couple of raisins as a treat. I give him from a selection of greens, various types of cabbage, broccolli, carrots and carrot tops, and cucumber. Cos that's usually what's in my fridge. :lol:

He's been geting a fair bit of fruit lately, his favs are grape, gala melon, apple and strawberries. I just give him some if I'm eating it.

OMG what sophie would do for some grapes!!! :lol: Rudy loves pear :D

The only thing I have found that they don't like so far is courgette! :D

Mine get spring greens, carrot, brocolli, celery and some herbs each day - sometimes they'll get some cauliflower or cabbage if I've got some.

They don't get much of each. This is what they get between them:
1 or 2 green leaves (depending how big they are)
about a cm chunk of carrot and brocolli stalk cut into 4 (supposedly two each!)
half a stick of celery all chopped up
a few sprigs of basil/coriander/parsley

I have to put it on a ka-bob or in a bunny bounce back - otherwise it would be gone in seconds!

Mine don't like Courgette either.....

I have just done my 3's veg bowls so I can tell you what went in.....
Kayle, Watercress, Baby Spinich, Caulli, Brocalli, a few Carrots and a little Celery.... the carrots and celery were more for colour and texture, as they don't really like it but I hate giving them a bowl of just green leafy things.

And as I have just chopped tomorrow mornings veg that will be, Savoy Cabbage, Spring Greens, Kale, Basil and/or Mint.... with of course the carrot for colour.

I have to say they never eat it all but I hate the thought that they may just fancy something and it not be there.

Just a quick question as everyone seems to give Spring greens.....

Has anyone else found them to be VERY strong at the moment, I have in fact cut down a bit on them because they smell so strong, or am I just imagining it

Right I've trawled the the 'edibles' thread and can't find mushrooms anywhere! I'm just chopping some up for tea, are they ok for buns? Was just going to try him with a small piece (obviously raw!), just wanted to check it wasn't poisonous :)

Vicki x

My two get whatever we're eating so as long as we are good and eat 5 a day they get the same :D We have a 'rabbit bowl' that gets filled through out day and they get in evening e.g. yesterday: carrot peel, apple core, spare bits of lettuce, sweat pepper, a slice of cucumber and a bit of melon.

They probably get 15-20 different types of fresh stuff a week.

I used to give them one piece a day at night (they're on grass all day) but they'd always have eaten everything in sight by morning, so I give two now, usually greens and carrot or whatever I have in the fridge.
The giants get twice as much as everyone else obv (whoever said they eat a whole cabbage a day was talking pants!)
I also give the giants some corn on the cob a couple of times a month as it keeps them quiet and stops them getting bored.

The guineas get veg more often as they scream at me if they don't! Lol

I've given Molly celery and water cress too, I like to try him on new things. When i kept g-pigs i loved preparing them a big bowl of fresh stuff and watching them rush for their favs.

I've seen people ranting about how buns love banana and tomatoes, but Molly wont touch it.

Sophie wasn't keen on banana at first either until she seen me eating it :roll: Now she loves it! :lol: Rudy still isn't impressed with it though! He likes pear :D

Jack's-Jane said:
Lord Lopsley is FRIGHTENED of Celery..... :shock: :? :roll:

Janex

I don't blame him Jane, bleughh!! :lol: Only kidding, its not too bad smothered in dairylea :lol: :lol:

Back