• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Murphy-Eye problem may be EC or Lymphosarcoma

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:( :(

He has been on treatment for the suspected abscess within his eye for the last 7 days but there has been no real inprovement :( :(
He does not appear to be in pain but he has no vision from the effected eye. When you shine a light directly into his eye instead of seeing the pupil/Iris there is just what looks like a ball of pus with lots of blood vessels coming from it. We are back to see Christabel tomorrow. I am not expecting good news :cry: Please may little Murphy have some good vibes.

Janex

So sad...But he will be no worse off if he has lost his vision and at least the infection cant spread. Before I got involved with Bunnies, I didnt know eye problems were so common. Nor stasis, abcesses, sore hocks, spinal injuries......... :roll:

Adam

LonBun said:
So sad...But he will be no worse off if he has lost his vision and at least the infection cant spread. Before I got involved with Bunnies, I didnt know eye problems were so common. Nor stasis, abcesses, sore hocks, spinal injuries......... :roll:

Adam

I guess with 33 (maybe 34 soon......) I am bound to spend quite a bit of time at the Vet.... :roll: As you say I doubt Murphy will miss his eye if it does have to go.
Gotta get 33 VHD vaccs ordered so I can do those next week!! :shock: :shock:

Janex

[/quote]

I guess with 33 (maybe 34 soon......) I am bound to spend quite a bit of time at the Vet.... :roll: As you say I doubt Murphy will miss his eye if it does have to go.
Gotta get 33 VHD vaccs ordered so I can do those next week!! :shock: :shock:

Janex[/quote]

OOH whos bun No 34? :D .

Thanks all!! :D
Murphy appears oblivious to his problems, which is good as I am sure he is not in pain. I am just worried about the wee man possibly having to undergo a GA and major op'.
At least we have an ace Vet!!

Janex

Well Christabel agrees that Murphy's eye has not improved :(
She doesn't think it is an abscess but there is marked uveitis and a possible lens rupture :( This could fit with an EC induced condition. The EC being contracted at Birth and only now rearing its ugly head. Or a worse scenario is a cancer called Lymphosarcoma :(
Murphy is now on steroidal eye drops to try to reduce the inflammation and Baytril to try to prevent any secondary infection caused by the steroids!!
Thankfully he is not in any pain but he is blind in the effected eye. We will go back for a check up next week. Murphy has lost a bit of weight (800g) so that needs watching as a cancer would cause weight loss. My poor boy, he is only about 2 years old :(

Janex

Back