• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG i've turned into a whimp!!! HELP EVE CHERYL ANYONE

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok i have turned into an utter whimp! Im trying to Bond Scarlett in withOakley and Stitch cause if i do i get to keep her a s a house bun, Ali says if they don't get on Scarlett has to go outside and i don't want her too. Well so far so good, Scarletts kennel is right next to Oaks and Stitch and there ok with this, Scarlett has met both of them outside the kennel as well. Stitch liked her at first and started licking her face and then scarlett decided that she was going to be top bunny and they had a fight so i split them cause i didn't want Scarletts ears to get damaged. Then she met Oakley and she really isn't scared of her one bit! They had a fight and i seperated them and had them both in the living room, if they were at opposite sides they were fine but as soon as they met up all hell broke loose! so again rather than be my brave self and leave them i split them for fear of Scarlett getting hurt. I've turned into a woose!!!!!! I have been doing this since Sunday and each i've whimped out and put Scarlett back in her kennel, the weird thing is when Scarletts in her kennel Oakley will go and lye next to her and when Oakley and stitch are in there kennel Scarlett will go and sit next to them without even the slightest nip??? Im turning into a major whimp!!!

So not funny tree! i've turned into a right woose! Eva and Pan i just let them go at it and now there fine together but im soo scared little Scarlett will get hurt! the fact that she is almost the same size as Oaks and is bigger than Stitch doesn't seem to enter my head!!! :lol: :lol:

well, I used to be fearless when it came to bunny bonding and look what happened to me :shock: :shock: bunny fights are scary!! and I've totally whimped out on ever trying to bond a third bun with a bonded pair :(
You never know, you might be lucky! :D

Thanks Rainbow! I've bonded so many buns and been brave enough with all of them! I have seen some horrifying fights between buns yet i just can't watch when Scarlett and oakley do it.

as you are an experianced bunny bonding person, do you think Gypsy and Storm will ever like each other again? ( sorry to high jack your thread! :oops: )

sparklefairy said:
as you are an experianced bunny bonding person, do you think Gypsy and Storm will ever like each other again? ( sorry to high jack your thread! :oops: )

It's ok Rainbow, yeh i don't see why not, i have had pairs fight and then be perfectly happy with each other, take Dash and Scooter that i mentioned on your thread earlier, Dash split Scooter dyd lid and they still live together now XX You will just have to keep trying just a little slower XX

Aww, I know how you feel Phill, Jake and Crunchie are still at each others throats, I just daren't try to bond them again after Jake took a chunk out of Crunchie :shock:

animusuk said:
Aww, I know how you feel Phill, Jake and Crunchie are still at each others throats, I just daren't try to bond them again after Jake took a chunk out of Crunchie :shock:

Noemally it wouldn't bother me i would bond them like i bond all the other buns but im soo afraid that Scarletts ears will get damaged

Phill said:
sparklefairy said:

It's ok Rainbow, yeh i don't see why not, i have had pairs fight and then be perfectly happy with each other, take Dash and Scooter that i mentioned on your thread earlier, Dash split Scooter dyd lid and they still live together now XX You will just have to keep trying just a little slower XX

my 2 were sooooo close untill i upset things by bring a new bun into their life :cry:
did you seperate your waring bunnies and try again on neuteral ground? or did they just sort them selves out?

I just left them to sort themselves out it was when i introduce jasmine and Flora to them. If your trying to introduce a new bun i would def take it slowley house them next to one another and let each bun have supervised play times with the other, this is what i have been doing with Scarlett oaks and Stitch, i mean it took me about 3-4 weeks to get Oakley to accept Stitch fully so i assume it will take the same if not a little longer with Scarlett XX

I had the new boy in an indoor cage in gypsy and storm's room, thinking if they could see and smell each other they would get used to each other but gypsy and storm just turned on each other!, even when i put the new bunny up on a table so they couldn't see him they still didn't calm down. now new bunny is being fostered and not even around they are STILL fighting :cry: :cry: and now gypsy has her poorly eye.
is this normal? or was i just unlucky?

I thinkyou were possibly a little unlucky Rainbow but that doesn't mean you wont be able to get them back together XX

Errrrr, why didnt I see this thread before????? have u changed the title? :?

Are they in together at the moment? When you say all hell broke loose, were they actually hurting each other or was it just fur flying? If it was just fur flying I would leave them to it. Dont keep seperating them (unless they start trying to take chunks out of each other) and most importantly DO NOT TOUCH THEM ;) Are the girls neutered? If not, they would bond a lot better if you got them done first ;)

Thanks Cheryl yep i changed the title, Oakley is spayed but Scarlett isn't yet she's only 12 weeks old, i normally wouldn't seperate them cheryl but im so afraid that scralets ears will get damaged as Oakley keeps going for them, it's not justa bit of fur flying they attached them selves to each other or what looks to be anyway, and rolling round on the floor and stuff, it's not an all out fight as i've seen those but it's slightly more serious than a bit of chasing and nipping. Currently Scarlett is living right next to Oakley and Stitch in 2 dog kennels so they can see and smell each other at all times and touch noses through the bars which they do do, am i just being a big giant woose?? I just really don't want Scarlett to end up with shredded ears!

Back