• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

ripped eye lid : - (((

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry: :cry: well, what else can I say? :cry: the latest fight between Gypsy and Storm has resulted in Gypsys eye being torn :cry: :cry: it looks like the top, just above the eye has been ripped and it's all swollen up :cry: I really can not take any more and have decided I am a very bad bunny mum :cry: I am in tears and don't know what to do :cry: I have booked her in to see the vets at 2.00. I'm so scared that there might be damage to her eye :( it's all red around the outside and swollen. My poor little girl :cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks guys :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm worried Gypsys eye might abcess :( I hope 2.00 is going to be soon enough. The fight happened at around 1.30 this morning :cry:

Awww your not a bad bunny mum XXXX Scooter has a rip in his eyelid from a fight him and dash had last year! It looked very sore but was ok and it healed up well he has scare but no damage to his eye XX Sending healing vibes for Gypsey XXXX

You are in no way a bad bunny mummy!! You had no idea anything like this would happen.
Poor Gypsy :( I hope all goes well at the vets!

Oh dear :(

Can you try to bathe her eye with just pre-boiled cooled water. But if she is very stressed I would leave it alone til she has seen the Vet.
Hope its not too seroius.
Sending healing vibes for Gypsy

Janex

thanks everyone. Jane, she doesn't seem stressed,just very quiet but it looks so very sore, I'm scared I might hurt her :cry:
They both have scratches and bite marks under their fur :( non of them seem very deep and are healing ok. storm has a bite on his ear :cry:
They are both just sitting quietly 2 feet away from each other.
I don't know if they will ever like each other again :cry: and I don't know how to start rebonding them :(
Phill. what did the vets do when your bunny had a ripped eye lid? and did your bunnies ever like each other again?

Oh no, I'm so sorry things don't seem to be settling down :cry: Maybe it's worth trying them somewhere totally neutral territory (or will this possibly make it worse - I just wonder if they are still fighting in the room because at the moment they still associate it with the presence of the other little fellow) or putting them in a carrier together and taking them for a car ride. What does everyone else think, I really don't know what to suggest for the best :?

AlisonA said:
Oh no, I'm so sorry things don't seem to be settling down :cry: Maybe it's worth trying them somewhere totally neutral territory (or will this possibly make it worse - I just wonder if they are still fighting in the room because at the moment they still associate it with the presence of the other little fellow) or putting them in a carrier together and taking them for a car ride. What does everyone else think, I really don't know what to suggest for the best :?

i would say move there soemwhere else for the moment are they both neutered? you could always bring them here for a bonding holiday rainbow :D

I was going to put them in the outside run in the garden but some one has bloody knicked it!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :cry: :cry: this also may have been usefull for putting one of them in while in my room. I probably would have taken it in turns to put one in the pen and one free range and then swaped them over so neither of them has more room all the time. :?
The car ride might work, but Storm appeirs to have out grown the carrier :shock: :? I KNEW I should have got a pet stroller :shock: :? :lol: they could have come with me for a nice long walk and bus ride to see " uncle Dave," :lol: ( while the men in white coats wait for me :shock: )
I will try to bring them both down stairs to the living room and shut the cats outside and see what happens. They are quiet now so I won't disturb them. Maybe after Gypsy has come back from the vets.

bunnylove said:
AlisonA said:

i would say move there soemwhere else for the moment are they both neutered? you could always bring them here for a bonding holiday rainbow :D

Yes, they are both neautered and have never ever showed any aggression or had a fight in their lives. If everything else fails I may have to take you up on that bonding holiday idea eve :shock: :D knowing my luck they would ond on their way to yours and be perfectly ok when I arrive :?

sparklefairy said:
bunnylove said:
AlisonA said:

Yes, they are both neautered and have never ever showed any aggression or had a fight in their lives. If everything else fails I may have to take you up on that bonding holiday idea eve :shock: :D knowing my luck they would ond on their way to yours and be perfectly ok when I arrive :?

lroflol ol well at least you would have you bunnies back together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GGRRRR!!!! the vet has changed the appointment to 5.30 now :x
If I can find a carrier big enough do you think I should try and take Gypsy and Storm together?

Back