• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what effect can a mysi vaccination cause

If she has it chances are the babies do, she will be weakened by the condition and it may kill her and the babies. Or do you mean the Myxy jab? As they shouldn't have it when pregnant I have headr, but I've also heard from people who have vaccinated their pregnant does and have had no problems.

raven_guest said:
If she has it chances are the babies do, she will be weakened by the condition and it may kill her and the babies. Or do you mean the Myxy jab? As they shouldn't have it when pregnant I have headr, but I've also heard from people who have vaccinated their pregnant does and have had no problems.

i meant the mysi vac :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry the vets vacd a rabbit they wanted me to take but she had come in with a male so chances are :roll: :roll: i just want to know what they will/could do to her poss unborn kits????

Contact the Vaccine Supplier and ask to speak with the Veterinary Advisor

Fort Dodge Animal Health
Address :
Flanders Road
Hedge End,
Southampton,
Hampshire,
SO30 4QH.

Tel :
01489 781711
Fax :
Classification :
Veterinary Pharmacies

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Contact the Vaccine Supplier and ask to speak with the Veterinary Advisor

Fort Dodge Animal Health
Address :
Flanders Road
Hedge End,
Southampton,
Hampshire,
SO30 4QH.

Tel :
01489 781711
Fax :
Classification :
Veterinary Pharmacies

Janex

will do thanks jane, edit: cant get through on that number :?

Okay, just spoken with Christabel-the-wonder-Vet :lol:

She said that although the manufacturers say it should not be given to pregnant/breeding Does that is likely to be because no research has been done about any possible side-effects.
She set the Vet advisor should have details of any 'one-off' cases reported if the vaccine caused adverse effects if given during pregnancy.
Here are more up-to-date contact details

Intervet -Tel:0108 685685

Email-support@intervet.co.uk

Website www.Intervet.co.uk

Sorry previous details are out of date :oops: I haven't had to contact them for over a year.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Okay, just spoken with Christabel-the-wonder-Vet :lol:

She said that although the manufacturers say it should not be given to pregnant/breeding Does that is likely to be because no research has been done about any possible side-effects.
She set the Vet advisor should have details of any 'one-off' cases reported if the vaccine caused adverse effects if given during pregnancy.
Here are more up-to-date contact details

Intervet -Tel:0108 685685

Email-support@intervet.co.uk

Website www.Intervet.co.uk

Sorry previous details are out of date :oops: I haven't had to contact them for over a year.

Janex

thanks jane will contact them shortly!

i have just spoken to the guy at intervet and he said he cant be sure because the trials that were done involving the mysi vaccination were NOT done on pregnant rabbits ie... thats why it is not recommmended to be given to pregnant rabbits and not because it harms them or their young, they just dont know if they will be any adverse effects but he said its doubtful because there is NO mysi in the jab :shock: if there was "wild" (his term) mysi in the vac then yes it would,but they use something else ( :oops: cant remeber what he called it) but it is just a related virus in the vac!.. :D so fingers crossed! :D thank jane for the number!

Glad you managed to talk with him :D
The Myxo Vacc containes the Shorpe Fibroma Virus which triggers a similar immune response as Myxo. I guess the science boffins must have stumbled upon that by accident :? :?

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Glad you managed to talk with him :D
The Myxo Vacc containes the Shorpe Fibroma Virus which triggers a similar immune response as Myxo. I guess the science boffins must have stumbled upon that by accident :? :?

Janex

thats was it thanks jane!

Back