• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Trust

mtoyah

Warren Scout
Since getting my new male rabbit my femal has become a bit scatty...she shys away from me like he does as he's still new and a bit nervous.

How can I make them both trust me? They spend most of their time in the house so should I just leave them to it when I let them out until they are used to me or should I keep trying to go to them?

I know they are not huggy but I want to be able to kneel down with them and give them a fuss without them fleeing across the lounge!!

My bunny used to be like that. I gained her trust by sitting very still and holding out a strong-smelling treat like a bit of banana - it took a while but she couldn't resist forever :lol: When she did come over I let her take the treat still without moving till she learned nothing bad was going to happen if she came to see me. Eventually I got to the point where I could move my hands about without her running away, then to the point where she let me stroke her...and now she comes over for strokes even when I don't have any treats :D :D

Back