• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arggggghhh! Messy rabbit!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Pepper (one of my pair of house rabbits) just does not seem to be able to be completely litter trained. She goes MOSTLY in the cage (I have two inddor cages for them, but they are never shut in - always have free range of their room) but she always does a few poos around the room (sometimes loads) and the odd wee too on the floor. It is frustrating and my husband is doing his nut over it now and saying they should go outside which I don't want to do. I'm not really sure if I can do anything to get her to be less messy but any advice or ideas would be very wlcome. I need help!!!

My two are terrible too :shock: Beany was pretty much going for all of her 'business' in the litter tray, but since Radar's arrival there is poo everywhere inside the cage. They are free range in the kitchen/diner, but the cage is always open and it's where the litter trays are. I think I'm just going to get a huge, deep storage box, as it seems to be that when they are munching hay, they don't always sit in the tray and that's why the poos are on the floor. If I get a deep box, they won't be able to reach the hay without getting in the box, so I'm hoping this will work :?

It must be the name :lol: :lol: I had a house rabbit called Pepper who was completely litter trained at eight weeks and then when she decided to move her chap in (Gizmo) it went completely out of the window, she wouldn't use the litter trays at all, then when we lost Gizmo she went back to using it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back