• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnys being over breeding?? U/D PLEASE READ!!!!!!pics added

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
lady rehoming :shock: 3 rabbits on freecycle, three rabbits have now turned into seven, then 12 because she forgot she had 5 babys too,

i will attach the email shared :shock: but not sure what to do to make the situation work, i cant take all 12 :shock: and this is gonna get very out of control fast! :shock:

orignal add

3 rabbits looking for loving owners. 1 mother (aprox 2 years old) and
her 2 babies (aprox 1 yr old) grey and white. They need a new good
home. You can take the 2 hutches they are living in also.

1st email

the biggest hutch is 48" length x 18" depth x 17" height
the smallest is 38" x 20" x 17"
I do have another brown rabbit, the hutch is a bit tatty, but the rabbit is lovely - if you are interested.

2nd email

no not breeders by choice - just have frisky bunnies ! Got another 5 babies from another couple and its getting a bit busy. eventually we only want one again lol

third

we have 7 in total

Evemccaffery@aol.com wrote:
so how many rabbits do you have in total!?

sorry forgot about the babies - I have mum & 2 babies (grey and white) - 2 identical brown ones - one which is in with the new mum (gingerish colour) and i also have a lionhead which i would like to keep.
so yes i have 12 altogether with the babies which are only a couple of days old
i will email back later with anymore questions as i have to go out for a while
thanx

what should i do? :? :? :shock: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

:shock: :shock: Have you got any old hutches that you could 'lend' her to keep the sexes apart? (I think Caroline may still have access to some if they are of any use?) At least that way you can give her some advice, check the sexing as the babies grow and can therefore help her to manage the breeding until such a time as they could be rehomed?

AlisonA said:
:shock: :shock: Have you got any old hutches that you could 'lend' her to keep the sexes apart? (I think Caroline may still have access to some if they are of any use?) At least that way you can give her some advice, check the sexing as the babies grow and can therefore help her to manage the breeding until such a time as they could be rehomed?

i have said i wil take the bucks but i just get worried what these people do with the others, giving them away on freecycle isnt great and by the second email she really dont care i think :cry:
no spare hucthes

Can you point her towards rabbit rehome? At least they probably stand a better chance of going to a good home from there, or maybe offer to advertise them on her behalf and she looks after them in the meantime?? That way you get a little control over filtering out enquiries which you won't have if she just has them on freecycle?

Oh god. I'd offer to go visit her (or send someone nearer) to sex and seperate the buns and then go back when the babies are older and sex and seperate those. There isn't that much you can do if you don't physically have space. Can't you refer her to another rescue in the area?

raven_guest said:
Oh god. I'd offer to go visit her (or send someone nearer) to sex and seperate the buns and then go back when the babies are older and sex and seperate those. There isn't that much you can do if you don't physically have space. Can't you refer her to another rescue in the area?

in our case thats probably worse than her multiplying them, and when she says babies i dont thin she means it litterally, the first baby boy and girl are living together and area 1 year old

Tell her the 2 un-neutered rabbits in 1 year can lead to 2000 rabbits/30000 buns in Rescues story. I think some people have no idea how easily the situation can get out of control.

There's someone I met from the free ads. His girlfriend (who he's now split with), bought 2 P@H buns (usual 2 girls, OMG ones a boy story). At one point he had 12 rabbits & some pregnant ones. Jill took 3, my friend took another after I had her emergency spayed, & I've helped him re-home the rest - he's homechecking & everything. He has a hutch & 3 dog crates of mine, & between us & the vet we've sexed them all (We went with boxes - these we think are boys, these are girls, & the individual ones are not-sures!!!). There are still a few boys living together, which may cause problems as they mature, but he's still looking to rehome them. He's also had 3 of the buns neutered & is working on 1 a month.

It was just complete lack of knowledge on the couple's part - he thought it was "funny" when it first happened, & his girlfriend was "anti-neuter" :roll: But the amount of time this guy has put in now, is great. It is "his mess" but at least he's trying to fix it.

Angie65 said:
Tell her the 2 un-neutered rabbits in 1 year can lead to 2000 rabbits/30000 buns in Rescues story. I think some people have no idea how easily the situation can get out of control.

There's someone I met from the free ads. His girlfriend (who he's now split with), bought 2 P@H buns (usual 2 girls, OMG ones a boy story). At one point he had 12 rabbits & some pregnant ones. Jill took 3, my friend took another after I had her emergency spayed, & I've helped him re-home the rest - he's homechecking & everything. He has a hutch & 3 dog crates of mine, & between us & the vet we've sexed them all (We went with boxes - these we think are boys, these are girls, & the individual ones are not-sures!!!). There are still a few boys living together, which may cause problems as they mature, but he's still looking to rehome them. He's also had 3 of the buns neutered & is working on 1 a month.

It was just complete lack of knowledge on the couple's part - he thought it was "funny" when it first happened, & his girlfriend was "anti-neuter" :roll: But the amount of time this guy has put in now, is great. It is "his mess" but at least he's trying to fix it.

I HAVE OFFER TO TAKE THE MALES TOstop anymore breeding. will let you know when she replies :twisted:

Spacegirl said:
Where is this woman?

basildon! :roll: :roll: i have to collect the males tommorrow, better i do it know that later i suppose but i have loads of kits to house shortly its a joke!

r

right i need to know what the rspca will react on where rabbits are concerned?

i have taken two males from a horrible situation that at the moment i am not in a position to make any better than what i have done for the minute (i have taken two males but left one as that the one she wants left as her pet ):cry: :cry: she has four does with litters and pregnant again :shock: :shock: and to be honest unless i cleared her from all the bunnies and got what she wanted to keep neutered :shock: i wouldnt be helping anyway as i dont think she is gonna stop breeding and there is too many and more on the way and NO space, she has two adult couples with litter :shock: in three foot hutches (they are dwalf lops) and also breeding flies :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i would love to get this prat stopped but not sure what the rspca will do? any ideas!

Re: r

bunnylove said:

i have taken two males from a horrible situation that at the moment i am not in a position to make any better than what i have done for the minute (i have taken two males but left one as that the one she wants left as her pet ):cry: :cry: she has four does with litters and pregnant again :shock: :shock: and to be honest unless i cleared her from all the bunnies and got what she wanted to keep neutered :shock: i wouldnt be helping anyway as i dont think she is gonna stop breeding and there is too many and more on the way and NO space, she has two adult couples with litter :shock: in three foot hutches (they are dwalf lops) and also breeding flies :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i would love to get this prat stopped but not sure what the rspca will do? any ideas!

Eve contact Donna (she might be at work at the moment I'll PM you that number) Donna has a contact in the RSPCA who I am sure will help.

Janex

Re: r

Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:

Eve contact Donna (she might be at work at the moment I'll PM you that number) Donna has a contact in the RSPCA who I am sure will help.

Janex

think shes too busy at the moment to deal with this thanks jane!

i have called this little man Raffiki

f1ab8fca.jpg

de952434.jpg

and this little man shadow

rafikiandshadow004.jpg

rafikiandshadow005.jpg

still cant believe people would be so cruel :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry:

Back