• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering

rock*

Mama Doe
Hello how do i go about fostering bunnies and how much cost is involved Ie vets bills ect?

If any would be able to give me more info so i can think this through i would be very gratefulxx

i have two spare hutches and a little run (my three girlies have got the master hutch and run) and would love to help some poor bun buns out :D

If you foster for a Rescue, they pick up the Vets costs & supply you with hutches & food if required. All you have to do is play with the bun :wink:

Angie65 said:
If you foster for a Rescue, they pick up the Vets costs & supply you with hutches & food if required. All you have to do is play with the bun :wink:

Ah, Kirby don't I do pay for everything, but Kirby are so desperate for help. I've four foster bunnies from there and they're ace :D

Brilliant i can play with the bunnies thats what i usually do in the evenings anyway.so what happens when u get in touch with a rescue centre and how long are the buns usually with u for??

can i be selective over the buns only because one of my girls (Willow) has not been netuered yet as she is to young and dont want any accidents nowx

rock* said:
Brilliant i can play with the bunnies thats what i usually do in the evenings anyway.so what happens when u get in touch with a rescue centre and how long are the buns usually with u for??

can i be selective over the buns only because one of my girls (Willow) has not been netuered yet as she is to young and dont want any accidents nowx

I think Kirby have 160 buns in so you can be selective there is plenty to choose from. Shall I pm you there number :D

Hi Rock..I'm in Leicester and could do with another fosterer :? :D please pm if interested...where abouts in Leicester are you?

rock* said:

My Foster was a foster for a month or so. She was going up for re-homing so I kept her :oops:

My temporary fosters are usually here for a week ish, until I can get them down to Jill :lol: or Angie has room :D They're just ones I collected from free ads or something though.

I'm not sure about your own bun. They may want them neutering first - I should just check with a Rescue

Angie65 said:
rock* said:

My Foster was a foster for a month or so. She was going up for re-homing so I kept her :oops:

My temporary fosters are usually here for a week ish, until I can get them down to Jill :lol: or Angie has room :D They're just ones I collected from free ads or something though.

I'm not sure about your own bun. They may want them neutering first - I should just check with a Rescue
I wouldnt be able to rehome them, i know i would grow to attached :roll:

pepsi said:

I did with Rosie. & Alex the free ad bun. & Barley the dumped bun.
It's hard not to become attached.

Angie65 said:
pepsi said:

Also do people come round to see them who might be rehoming them? I would be awful and wouldnt think anyone was good enough :oops:

pepsi said:
Angie65 said:
pepsi said:

Also do people come round to see them who might be rehoming them? I would be awful and wouldnt think anyone was good enough :oops:

Didn't with me - but I asked if I could keep her before she was actually up for re-homing. I think doing a homecheck for a bun who has lived with you would be harder - nowhere would be good enough!!! :lol:

Angie65 said:
pepsi said:
Angie65 said:
pepsi said:

Didn't with me - but I asked if I could keep her before she was actually up for re-homing. I think doing a homecheck for a bun who has lived with you would be harder - nowhere would be good enough!!! :lol:

My thoughts exactly! :D

Back