• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are all uppy ear bunnies...

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
crosses or english? :? :? :?

you have a range of lops but no names for uppy ear rabbits, i tend to call them domestic :shock: :? :? :? so what are there breeds???

i have a few small black uppy eared rabbits, so what breed are they?
i have (the one i collected today) medium/large small new zealand type bunny with pale yellow marking on her bottom, looks like an incontinent bunny has been humping her :shock: :shock: :shock: how do i know what breed they are??? :? :? :? :?

There are various breeds too, e.g. Continental Giant, British Giant, Netherland Dwarf, Rexes, Dutch etc. Many if not most ending up in rescue will however be crosses...

If you go onto my rescue site thers a page with all the english breeds of rabbits, plus the american breeds that are different to ours. val

LurcherGirl said:
There are various breeds too, e.g. Continental Giant, British Giant, Netherland Dwarf, Rexes, Dutch etc. Many if not most ending up in rescue will however be crosses...

thanks vera i didnt explain my self well there :oops: :oops: i meant you can easily tell the difference with the lops because of there size which is which, but other that the obvious with the uppy ears eg.. nethies, rex when you just get them small uppy ear rabbits in knowing what breed they are sorry! :oops:

Mine are both up eared.

Jack is a dutch bunny. Milly is a cross lion head. My previous bunny, Chloe, was also up-eared and she was a chinchilla.

jay said:
Mine are both up eared.

Jack is a dutch bunny. Milly is a cross lion head. My previous bunny, Chloe, was also up-eared and she was a chinchilla.

itsnt chinchilla a colour not a breed??:shock:

Chin is a colour and a breed. There is a specific breed called the Chincilla and the Chincilla gigante or whatever it's called and they only come in chin.

Most of the breeds will probably be crosses if they're ex pet shop stock that the kids get bored of. You can generally tell if a rabbit is an english as they have a very distinct pattern. Post some photos and I'm sure we have a have a go at guessing what they are (it'll be fun too)

raven_guest said:
Chin is a colour and a breed. There is a specific breed called the Chincilla and the Chincilla gigante or whatever it's called and they only come in chin.

Most of the breeds will probably be crosses if they're ex pet shop stock that the kids get bored of. You can generally tell if a rabbit is an english as they have a very distinct pattern. Post some photos and I'm sure we have a have a go at guessing what they are (it'll be fun too)

i know that nearly all are crosses but what with :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

here you go then
310thjune2006023.jpg

It's definitely a rabbit *nods*

Hope that helps :lol: :lol:

I think that most rabbits like that are just "rabbits". I don't think they are any particular breed. Gorgeous though :love:

AlisonA said:
It's definitely a rabbit *nods*

Hope that helps :lol: :lol:

I think that most rabbits like that are just "rabbits". I don't think they are any particular breed. Gorgeous though :love:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: what breed is the rabbits: answer Rabbit :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that ones.... ummm..... a black rabbit... :D

Dutch is probably the most common up-eared and as soon as you cross those you can get quite a varity. Anything solid colured with white splodges is probably dutch cross and quite a few of the solid coloured rabbits.

You need two rex rabbits to get a rex coat so anything up-eared and longer limbed could have some rex ancestory.

Seems like wild crosses are fairly common too from escapee's.

Black, agouti & white are 'natural colours' so as soon as you start crossing breeds and not deliberately selecting you end up with a high proportion of those colours.

Unless they have some resembelance to a actual breed , I'd name them by size e.g. small cross breed

Tamsin said:

Dutch is probably the most common up-eared and as soon as you cross those you can get quite a varity. Anything solid colured with white splodges is probably dutch cross and quite a few of the solid coloured rabbits.

You need two rex rabbits to get a rex coat so anything up-eared and longer limbed could have some rex ancestory.

Seems like wild crosses are fairly common too from escapee's.

Black, agouti & white are 'natural colours' so as soon as you start crossing breeds and not deliberately selecting you end up with a high proportion of those colours.

that would be good but there is no cross breed tab on RR! can we have on please, there is only size refernce!

Unless they have some resembelance to a actual breed , I'd name them by size e.g. small cross breed

that would be good but there is no cross breed tab on RR! can we have on please, there is only size refernce!

The size's are basically for the cross breeds. So if you don't know the breed then just label by size. There are too many breeds to list everything so just pick the closest breed/size :)

Tamsin said:

Ooh, looks like Alison has a rival for her master bunny identifier title!

Their should be a miscellaneous bunny option for RR listings, there's always one that won't fit the other options. :wink:

All black bunnies, lops, up ears or helicopter ears are a special breed known as BiBs :lol:
Approach with caution :lol:

Rabswood

rabswood said:
All black bunnies, lops, up ears or helicopter ears are a special breed known as BiBs :lol:
Approach with caution :lol:

Rabswood

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milly is a BiB - I'm on a need to know basis with her and apparently I NEVER need to know!!! :lol:

Back