• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising ideas please

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys
I would like some fundraising ideas please.
Kirkby Pet Welfare in Nottinghamshire where Esmerelda is from are really low on funds, they rescue and rehome so many bunnies and I would really like to help out.

Any suggestions welcome :D

ooohh i've done a skydive, not sure its an experience I want to repeat again though! When I think about it it makes my stomach turn!

Now, whats a bungee like? I've always refused before cause i can't stand the idea of bouncing upside down for ages, but maybe that'll get more sponsors if i go on about how scared i am :lol:

Like the everest idea :lol: :lol:

mandy said:
ooohh i've done a skydive, not sure its an experience I want to repeat again though! When I think about it it makes my stomach turn!

Now, whats a bungee like? I've always refused before cause i can't stand the idea of bouncing upside down for ages, but maybe that'll get more sponsors if i go on about how scared i am :lol:

Bungee is gentler than it looks. It's kinda bouncy, but not bad.

There's this walk around the "foothills" of Everest - you go up to Base Camp (Quite High :shock:, but no oxygen required, think it's still 2/3s the air on the Real Ground. Or sommat). I would love to do it. Costs £1400 & only takes 3 weeks, so not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

Having said that - I read this book about Everest being a "dump". People don't use the disgusting base-camp loos, just the snow :shock: , so the whole place stinks & is all diseasey. :shock: & there's oxygen bottles lying about, empty, & a bit further up the "hill" dead bodies - if you die on Everest, that's where you stay. :shock:

Angie65 said:
Sponsored Bungee/skydive/climb Everest :D

I would love to have a crack at climbing Everest if somebody would do it with me. :wink:

Saying that I think my Nan would sponsor me a £1000 not to do it! :lol:

Louise

ellepotter said:
Angie65 said:

I would love to have a crack at climbing Everest if somebody would do it with me. :wink: :lol:

Louise

I'd love to do it too. Me, you and Angie? We could probably get business sponsorship to cover the cost of doing it? :wink:

Might require some training first though!

mandy said:
ellepotter said:
Angie65 said:

I would love to have a crack at climbing Everest if somebody would do it with me. :wink: :lol:

Louise

I'd love to do it too. Me, you and Angie? We could probably get business sponsorship to cover the cost of doing it? :wink:

Might require some training first though!

I could possibly get my dad to sponsor us, as he's a director of an electrical firm. Would depend on if they have already got a sponsor/funds allocated etc.

Louise

:D Am supposed to be working at the mo :wink: but will see if i can find some websites on climbing everest later on. :D

There's a possibility my old work might help out too

Angie65 said:
mandy said:

There's this walk around the "foothills" of Everest - you go up to Base Camp (Quite High :shock:, but no oxygen required, think it's still 2/3s the air on the Real Ground. Or sommat). I would love to do it. Costs £1400 & only takes 3 weeks, so not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

Having said that - I read this book about Everest being a "dump". People don't use the disgusting base-camp loos, just the snow :shock: , so the whole place stinks & is all diseasey. :shock: & there's oxygen bottles lying about, empty, & a bit further up the "hill" dead bodies - if you die on Everest, that's where you stay. :shock:

That sounds very scary, dead bodies :shock: :shock:

How long would it take, I would be up for it, but I would have to keep stopping for a fag. :lol:

pepsi said:
Angie65 said:
mandy said:

That sounds very scary, dead bodies :shock: :shock:

That's only if you go up Everest, not clambering round the bottom bit (no training required long as you are fit enough). To summit - I think you are looking at 6wks-3months, & you have to summit mid May, mid afternoon cos of weather. Some of the bottom bits are 3-6wks, depending which one you pick. The one I looked into, was £1368 - 3 wks, with Great Walks (Andy Somebody). They required a fitness level of someone walking around the Lake District at regular intervals for that one.

I was horrified when I read about the dead body bit, but people are so ill from altitude sickness, & exhaustion they don't "notice" it like a regular person would.
Read "into Thin Air" by Jon K********sommat, very, very good book (about the 1996 Everest disasters - loads of people got "summit fever, died or lost body parts)

I was horrified when I read about the dead body bit, but people are so ill from altitude sickness, & exhaustion they don't "notice" it like a regular person would.
Read "into Thin Air" by Jon K********sommat, very, very good book (about the 1996 Everest disasters - loads of people got "summit fever, died or lost body parts)

AND YOU WANT TO DO IT :shock: :shock: :? :roll:

bunnymadhouse said:

AND YOU WANT TO DO IT :shock: :shock: :? :roll:

God no, not the summit bit.

The trundling round the bottom bit :D

bunnymadhouse said:
OOOOOH . :shock:

Silly me :oops: thought that bungee had scrambled your brains :lol:

Costs like £12k to climb Everest. Or you could do it without oxygen to save some money :roll: Or not bother with a Guide. I could "Auto Route" it!! :lol:

years ago I went to Everest and stayed at the Everest View Hotel. We flew in a piddly little plane from Kathmandu to this airstrip then trekked around there. I can't remember the altitude exactly (but you could see Everest Base Camp from our hotel) and we could not walk 10 yards before stopping, gasping for breath :shock: The sherpa carrying our camera bags found it very amusing :roll: Its tough.

I've seen those sponsored cycle things and thought WOW. A couple of ex-colleagues of mine were going to do one but you needed to raise £2000 to do it and peeps were putting in a fiver or so at a time so it fell through :cry:

Back