• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excell

Supa Excell?

• Great Choice of Food

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Choice of Food

• Better than PetShop Mix, but there are better options out there

• Total voters

pepsi

Alpha Buck
Good or Bad????

Just read another post on here that said its to high in protein, just thought i would use a poll. Both my buns are fed on excel and i have just made my mum change over to excel from Pet shop mix, hope im not doing the wrong thing :?

kayj said:
I have found it doesn't agree with some rabbits but is fine with others.

Should I have my baby on the junior version? he's on A&P at the minute?

**Bonnie** said:
Mine are on Excel and i have never had any problems!
Hello Bonnie, Hope you and buns are well!
I agree, but is interesting to see people's opinion, most people have chose the last option :?

pepsi said:
**Bonnie** said:
Mine are on Excel and i have never had any problems!
Hello Bonnie, Hope you and buns are well!
I agree, but is interesting to see people's opinion, most people have chose the last option :?

I choose the last option, because I find A&P a much superior food :D I

Tree,I haven't got mine on junior food they get the same as all the others.

As regards the Excell I took a rescue bun in because the owner was sick of cleaning her dirty bum. when she came in all around her nether regions had ulcerated, any way I changed her diet and put her on to a rabbit mix and she didn't get a dirty bum. I know Loopylop had tried Rudy on Excell when she got him and he got the squits with it but he is fine on Allen & Page.

kayj said:

Cool I'll leave him on A&P, does he need to be on any baby suppliement? I'm not use to having a baby, mine are normally used bunnies :lol:

I voted 3 although the miniscule amount of pellet feed my lot get is Excel (Lord Lopsley and Uncle A get Science Selective and toothless Muirne gets Petshop Mix cos she wont touch anything else :roll: )
All the healthy adults are being weaned off pellet feed altogether.....they just dont know it yet :p :p

Janex

I had one rabbit that kept having sticky bum. So when SS became available, I changed them and no more sticky bums since. About two months ago or so I changed them once again to Allen & Page, and their poos look even better now. I find that A & P is probably one of the best foods out there, and yet one of the cheapest - which is great when you have more than one or two bunnies... :D

SOAD said:
kayj said:

Cool I'll leave him on A&P, does he need to be on any baby suppliement? I'm not use to having a baby, mine are normally used bunnies :lol:

My four-months old baby is on normal A&P without supplements... :)

Mine are on excel but looking at the compositions I think that the Excel Lite seems to be better nutritionally, so mine are switching to this soon.

Actually excel is lower in protein than Science selective (12 and 14% respectively) HOWEVER SS is much higher in fibre (14 and 19% respectively) and SS also seems a lot less oily/rich somehow. Anecdotally lots of people who have had problems with sticky bums have solved them by swapping away from excel onto one of the higher fibre pellets - so I voted option 3 as well!

My two love it but I have been thinking of changing it recently. I don't think it agrees with Jack because every few days he has a little bit of runny poo. Thinking of moving onto SS.

Thank you every one :D After that pole Im now concidering switching to A&P, is it only available on line?

well my buns would say its great lol, they are on junior/dwarf one, they used to be fed bunnybrunch, but when i got mo his teeth where so bad, maloclussion, inherited condition and i switched to excell the improvement in his teeth was amazing

lisa

LurcherGirl said:
SOAD said:
kayj said:

My four-months old baby is on normal A&P without supplements... :)

Thanks you :thumb:

pepsi said:
Thank you every one :D After that pole Im now concidering switching to A&P, is it only available on line?

Which part of the country are you? Do you drive? It's in 20kg sacks for £6.50, but you get it from horse suppliers.

Back