• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not the best time to play hide and seek.

sola

Warren Scout
Couple of hours ago, my bro put Nutmeg outside in the garden, he left it until it was dark to bring her in despite our mum telling him to get her in before dark.

Sure enough he called me to help find her, our garden is bunny proof, but is VERY overgrown at the moment, we have an annoying bush at the end that all the rabbits love to hide in (I lost Petta in that bush but found her after the third sweep an hour later :roll: )
So we've looked everywhere even in the bush 4 times!
So now we're getting worried, she's a wild rabbit colour so would be difficult to spot in the dark. We even looked outside our garden, but there's no holes to get out. So we decided she's in the bush somewhere squeeze between the branches or something (I'm also worried she wasn't stuck somewhere) We even moved the hutch incase she got her self behind or under it.

So I send my mum in to get something to cut down the bush, which is near a little fence. I walk down it a bit (the 100th time that night) and notice the long grass looking tunnel like so gently step down and feel a lump :roll:
We found her crouched next to the fence under the long grass. :roll:
Making us worry like that!
I started to doubt we didn't have foxes. :shock:
And I'm stinging all over!

sola said:

I expect you do have foxes.. they arent just in the countryside. If i were you id make or buy a large run so your bunny is safe from predators and doesnt dig herself a lovely big warren under your garden :wink:

My giant Xanti does that, He's steel so doesn't show up so well in the shade. I'd nearly had heart attacks worrying he's got out and panicking beacsue I can't find him, though he's usually in the first place I looked!

Jack can't hide because either his black bit or his white bit show up!!! Milly however is like a shadow when she hides - no way to find her! Might be worth training your bun to come when called. I do it by rattling the food container - I do it every time they get fed so when I want them to come to me I just have to rattle it and they run over. Milly also comes when called - I thought it was a fluke because I haven't taught her to do that but she actually recognises when I am calling "Milly Molly!!" so long as I do it in the same sing song voice. Think its because I have been trying to tame her and lay near her and talk directly to her saying her name over and over. Very clever bunny though. Jack wouldn't know his name if it came up and hit him on the nose! :lol: :lol:

Diddeen said:
sola said:

I expect you do have foxes.. they arent just in the countryside. If i were you id make or buy a large run so your bunny is safe from predators and doesnt dig herself a lovely big warren under your garden :wink:

We have a large run but my brother just let her run the garden even though I told him to put her in the run.
She isn't out long enough to dig a warren without us noticing (now the grass is cut) :lol: she's only out a couple of hours out as she's a house bun.

:shock: yeah, we probably do have foxes *keeps glancing out the window, watching her buns*

My two dutch can't hide because of their white bits :lol:
They come to me when I have food, just never when they're outside :lol:

Back