• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys for rabbits

rabbitpoop

Young Bun
Just wondering what items around the home, apart from cardboard boxes make good rabbit toys? They have a carry bag that they love to hide in, (though theykeep chewing bits of it, but am sure they dont eat) and a empty toilet roll. I will buy them some proper toys once i get a chance to go pet shop!

Just thought...you know those cardboard trays that you get drinks in at McDonalds? Crunchie loves to tear them apart too!
Also, branches, you gotta be careful which ones you use but the buns love to chew them and throw them at me :lol:

rabbitpoop said:
xEMMAx said:
animusuk said:
My Crunchie loves to rip the yellow pages to pieces :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what I was just about to mention! :lol: :lol:

is the coloured dye safe for the bunnies if they eat the pages?

I think it's ok as long as they don't eat much of it, Crunchie just tears it apart, shes only ever nibbled at it so I can't really help :?

I recomend a treat ball too, they really love it. And they're big tube is a hit too.

Have tried other things like a weighted rabbit shaped chewy thing, willow balls, fake carrot and pineapple wood chews and they're not interested at all!

mine also love their treatball, and also any long tubes, ive got a few from inside xmas wrapping paper which they love! If you cant get to a petshop theres always the internet :wink: Vine balls or grassy balls filled with hay are a hit with my two, either bunnybasics or chinchilla2home website are great for those :D

a loo roll stuffed with medow hay seems to go down well...as does thair treat ball...in fact anything where some kind of food treat appears to be forthcoming :lol:

Mine arent really interested in toys! They like their treatball and the vine balls and occasionally go to one of the various cardboard boxes to hide in but thats about it! They're not bothered about yellow pages, loo rolls (unless I've hidden some of their foold inside, they will then chuck the loo roll about until they get the food out but if it's too well packed they give up and go for a snooze!), hanging bits and pieces, pieces of wood to chew on, tubes - infact they hate the one I bought them and will avoid it at all costs!!! I did make some edible toys out of seagrass nestin boxes filled with hay, they play with those occasionally but most of the time they prefer to just sprawl out!!!

Don't forget toys that make noise! My rabbits love noisy toys. Plastic cat toys with bells inside, hard plastic baby keys, chew toys hung up with sisal and with a bell at the bottom (or store-bought parrot toys). I have a line of paper towel rolls hung from the shelf in the pen, and Loki loves smacking them around. Sometimes he picks up other toys and throws them at the tubes to make even more noise! :lol:

Straw mats are fun, as are untreated wicker baskets. More fun with hay in them! If the bun doesn't chew on it, towels are fun to play with. One of my pairs has flour sack style dishtowels to lay on and push around. Paper lunch bag stuffed with hay and treats, tied shut with sisal and with holes poked in it.

Also try putting newspaper or hay in a cardboard box to dig in.

Oh, and someone on another forum hung up a small metal windchime in her bun's cage and he loved it! It's on my list of things to try when my hubby's car stays fixed for a little while. :roll:

Plastic flower pots! Mine love them, chucking them around. It's great as they come in tonnes of sizes so my giants can play with them too!
If you go to Wilko, buy a cheap plastic stool (the ones with four legs that are completely plastic and only about a foot high) All my buns love these as they can sit on it, hide under it, or chuck it around (the giants do anyway lol)

a small dog bed turned upside down, maisy loves ours she can hide under in and dance about on the top-she thinks its fab

Back