• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad bunny mummy!

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I did a bad thing yesterday :oops: I went to see my dad for fathers day and came home at 9pm so let Hobbes and Phoebe out into the garden for an hour before it got dark. Had a stressful evening looking on ebay to see if any of my stolen jewellery was on there but it wasn't :( then typed up a list of all the things that were missing to send to the police. Neighbours alarm went off so that worried me again and i didn't go to bed until 1am.
I was lying in bed and just happened to think about what I had fed the rabbits today and i couldn't remember if i'd given Hobbes and Phoebe science selective to get them back in to the shed for the night....then I realised I hadn't put them back in the shed and they were still outside! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had to go outside at 1.30am in my PJ's to get them in their shed:oops: Thank god they were ok and there were no foxes about!
I couldn't believe i'd forgot them, i'm such a bad bunny mummy. They were having a lovely time eating grass though! :oops:

Aww dont worry about it!! I'm sure they had a blast being out so late :D

The important thing is that they are safe and you remembered they were out!

xxx

I forgot to give mine water the other day...I'd taken the bottle out to fill up but got distracted on the way :? Luckily I came home for my lunch and our house doesn't get hot! Dread to think how thirsty they could have been if I'd not come home :(

:lol: Imagine what the neighbours will have been saying...

"There's that mad bunny woman walking round her garden in her PJs again". :lol:

It must of been a day for it, I feel asleep with mine outside, Zippy had dug a massive hole by the time I'd got out there, there was only her bum sticking out. :lol:

Awww, and I bet they were there thinking they were getting extra outy time!!! :lol:

Main thing is they were ok :D

melaniejb said:
I forgot to give mine water the other day...I'd taken the bottle out to fill up but got distracted on the way :? Luckily I came home for my lunch and our house doesn't get hot! Dread to think how thirsty they could have been if I'd not come home :(

I do that. For some reason I have no trouble remembering to feed them at exactly 10pm. But checking their water seems is a whole different matter. After forgetting and leaving them with hardly any three times in a row I went out and bought a second water bottle for them so they never run out. I think it was getting Milly that threw me - I couldn't seem to get it into myhead that the water would go twice as fast :oops:

Estelle - I bet they were thinking "YES!!!!! She's leaving us out all night!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!"

I think they were having a party out there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have only seen a fox once a couple of years ago but don't like to risk it. My neighbours have 3 rabbits and they leave them out all the time :shock: I did warn them that a fox had walked along the top of our 6ft wall so i hope they will start shutting them away. Mine are only out when i'm at home in daylight and i usually check on them every half hour unless i just completely forget about them! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back