• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NEED HELP DESPERATLY

johannapage

Warren Scout
Hey guys,

I need some last minute help,
I'm picking my bunny up on wednesday and opbviously need to be prepared hay wise etc.

I went into P@H today and they have timothy hay and hay - whats the difference???

it looked the same although one said it was bedding and one said about food!!

what is the most popular and best foor to feed them, and i bought some rattles and chew things, have I wasted my pennies or fo they really enojy playing with them??

Thansk so much

Jo

Timothy Hay is higher in fibre, great for their teeth and just generally better for them (buns enjoy eating it more too :D)

I've had it highly recommeded to me from many people on here, I ordered my first lot online yesterday. :mrgreen:

To be honest if you can i'd get hay from a farm by the bale. Its cheap and buns love it to eat and sleep.
Timothy hay is for the buns to eat its really good for their teeth as is all hay.
As for the toys alot of buns love them to throw around!!
Good pellets are excel,science selective and allen and page.
Hope this helps :D

Oh and we'll need to see pics of the buns! :D :wink:

Hiya :D

Just to add to what Emma said, I found p@h hay isn't the best after using it for a while :? I get mine now from a garden centre and the buns eat twice as much! :D The p@h hay is really short and quite dusty :?

That is just my opinion though and if you and your buns are happy with it then thats all that matters :D

Hiya :wave:

Bunnies should have a constant supply of hay to eat, it is the most important part of their diet. Timothy hay is considered to be one of the best, as it is very coarse so helps to grind their teeth down well. The hay that is classed as bedding will just be normal meadow hay, although it is fine if they eat that too and plenty of people give meadow hay to eat as well! In my opinion, PAH hay is not the best quality though, so see how you go and you might need to trial and error with some other types if your bun won't eat it. You can get a whole bale for about £3 in a farm shop!

For food, at the moment it's most important to keep feeding what the bun has already been eating - ask wherever you are getting the bun from for a bag of food. If you are changing food, you should change it gradually over a period of a couple of weeks to help the gut to adjust. The recommended foods are either Allen & Page (can't buy it in PAH, only comes in large sacks, but very high fibre content and very cheap!), Science Selective (I've never seen this in PAH either but it is also high fibre, very tasty and easy to find in pet shops and vets), Bunny Basics T (only available online - more expensive but also more concentrated) and Burgess Excel (you can get this at PAH, it used to be considered the best but the others listed above are usually thought of as better as excel can be too rich for some buns and gives them sticky poos).

Hope that helps a bit!

rattles and chew things can be the best thing ever or a waste of money depending on the bunny. Some love to chew, some love to dig, some love to throw and some love to do nothing.

You'll soon find out what your bunny is like!

AlisonA said:
Hiya :wave:

PAH hay is not the best quality though, so see how you go and you might need to trial and error with some other types if your bun won't eat it. You can get a whole bale for about £3 in a farm shop!

Great minds think alike.... :lol:

thanks!!

IS P@H the only place to get timothy hay??

where can i get the allen and page pellets, i have been recommended these by lots of people!

so should I use timothy hay for food, and normal hay as bedding??

Thanks for your help guys,

I promise to post piccies as soon as possible, as I saif i go to pick by bundle of joy up on wednesday afternoon.

not sure which one to have as I am having pick of the litter, i'll post pics of the two i've fallen in love with now though.

Jo

xxx

my signature is the choice of two i think i want,

i've fallen in love with the black and white ones face,

im thinkinf of calling him Dillon

Jo
xxx

johannapage said:

Jo
xxx

OMG I'd have to have both :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are both stunning :D

loopylop said:
johannapage said:

Jo
xxx

OMG I'd have to have both :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are both stunning :D

I agree with you! :lol: :lol: :love:

Can't you have both and let them live together as a bonded pair? Then they'd be happier and you'd have 2 bunnies! :D

I would love two bunnies,

But i live in a rented hoiuse and although i have a huge garden and nice big laminated house (easy to cleab up bunny poop and messes) my landlady wont let me have two (tried to ask already) i live with 6 other people and although they are fine with me having her my landlady said it wouldn't be fair..

I do however plant o move in with my boyfriend in about 5 months time, so my plan is (shh dont tell him) is to let my new and first bun have 5 minths or so peace and playtime with me. and then get him neutered and get him a girlfriend.....

as its my first i think two may be a bit of a handful for me...im home most of the day as I tend to mornings only so he will get lenty of outside playtimes etc

will this plan work~?

Jo
xxx

thats what i thought, a real cheeky monkey.

is there much difference to having a boy rather than a girl?

im not 100% sure which ones are boys and girsl until i go on wednesday but I am falling head over heels with the B&W one,,,,

Jo
xxxx

Sound like a good plan! :D It is good to get him used to you... just remember to to give him lots of attention and cuddles! :love:

I think girls can be more aggressive than boys sometimes (this is what I've heard anyway).

I think you should get the black and white one if you feel like that about him :D

Back