• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear God

raven_guest

Mama Doe
I am in shock! I just went to 'rescue' an agora I had heard was being given away and know it would end up in the wrong hands. And I already have a 'gora so have some (though limited experience)

My god the place it came from was awful! It looked like it had never been cleaned, there were rabbits EVERYWHERE stuffed in teeny tiny cages (I have called the RSPCA)
I know I'm an evil breeder so can't say much, btu all my buns are in 6 foot hutches and in runs during the day anmd at the very least are always CLEAN! The place was thick with flies and was disgusting. I just wanted to grab handfuls of the animals and run like hell.
The bun I took wasn't in a bad way at all surprisingly, but she hasn't long since been clipped and all the buns did look well, but the surroundings weren't! And apparently he had been feeding them goat feed! What!
I worry about some people!

Plus all the buns shown to me (showing off show winners etc) were picked up by a handful of fur! Including the Ang I took.

I got little'un (she's huge!) home and popped her in a run to calm down, she was thrilled! Absolutely chuffed at having room to stretch! She's probably never left her hutch in her life! She's absolutely gorgeous and I'm smitten with her! Just have to get her on some good food soon and give her a good brush!

:( sounds horrid! If it was a BRC registered breeder might be worth reporting it to them too.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: How horrible! Glad you called the RSPCA :D I'm sure your new bun will be very happy with you! :D
Do you have any pics of her?

thats awful :( So glad you came to the rescue of one of them.Some people are beyond belief :evil: .

Quite alot of rabbit people I know feed them on goat mix,mixed with Fibre P and ready grass and their rabbits look great on it!

I think your doing right be reporting them though for the state they are in, and good onyou for taking the bun :D

Well done for your Rescue Mission

BTW I do NOT think ALL Breeders are 'evil' and I hope that you will continue to stick around RU :D :D
Hope the RSPCA get on the case!!

Janex

No, I actually am evil lol. Only to my boyfriend though!
Poor bun, she was quite matted yesterday so I had to give her a clip. I only got half way through (she has so much hair! And I didn't want to stress her out too much) so no photos for a bit as I think she's quite embarassed by her half hair cut! She is such a good girl! I'm so impressed with her!
As for the goat food, that wouldn't be so bad, but it was just that, I didn't see hay or readigrass anywhere. They were all on chopped straw piled on the dirty old stuff.

She's out in the run at the mo (I called her Evee) and is thrilled to bits, she hasn't forgiven me for the hair cut, but she's still better behaved than some of my buns! She's a smoke and is stunning, but the clipped bits are white! She looked awful lol! But no more matted bits and I'll clip the rest when she's setlled in a bit better. Her claws are awful too! Her ring is 05 so she was born some time last year, probably never having seen sky or real grass! She's never had veg either so I'm giving her itty bitty bits to get her used to it very very gradually. She'll ahve to go be stabbed next argh! She won't like that!

(I still have angora hair up my nose icky!)

arrr she is now a lucky bunny! where abouts are you, would any one else be able to rescue any more buns? May be say you recomended them :?

Poor rabbit, thank goodness she has been rescued but can't help thinking about those that are still there :( I hope the RSPCA can do something, even if they just get the breeder to buck her ideas up and rehouse them :?

From what the RSPCA said to me, they're getting stricter on this type of thing, especially with breeders so I'm hoping they'll have to clean it up and they may be taken away. This was the only bun she was giving away, the rest are sold! Grrr!

Back