• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friend for Sprout?

Hi

We have Sprout our Santuary bunny who is about 1.1/2, he has been neutered and apart from ongoing treatment for teeth, eyes, ears and sore feet-he is in good health!! :lol:

At the moment he has a large hutch with uncover run(more like a shed with open front with gate!) Jessica another bun has her hutch with attached in with him and they sniff each other, he jumps ontop of the hutch and pees- you know the usual!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jessica is being rehomed in August and has a lovely home to go to with Toffee, but we are worried about Sprout. We were thinking about a friend for him- any thoughts? The lady who previously hadhim said he didn't like other buns but he seems ok with Jess?! And what size bun should we get?

Few pics of Sprout- he is now in a better shelter with shavings and hay floor!

sprout%202.jpg

sprout%203.0.jpg

Sprout1.jpg

You should try because if they don't get on fair enough but if you find a friend for him it'll be lovely for him to have the company. I think you should always give it a go. Rather him have one stressful day now that never try him and miss out on a possible lifetime of having a friend. Bunnies love other bunnies - they may be happy on their own but having a friend is always a plus. I have seen a change in Jack for the better since having milly!

Definately geta bun the same size or bigger, a nethie would be squished as my giants are soooooooooooooooooooooooo clumsy!

Back