• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The last of the bunnies

sgprescue

Mama Doe
The last 4 bunnies arrived last night, no more bunnies for me now.

Bunny, a 10 year old neutered female. Has a swollen eye which my vet is going to take a look at on Tuesday night. Hopefully I have a home for her with a lady who used to work at my vets.
06061.jpg

Quincy, a 3 year old female. She is now being fostered with Emma in Kings Lynn
06063.jpg

Jack and Snowdrop. Jack is a neutered male, approx 7/8 years old, he has the strangest looking cateracts I have ever seen so he is going to see my vet on Tue as well. Snowdrop is a 3 year old female. Once my vet has taken a look at Jacks eyes these 2 will hopefully be going to Kings Lynn for fostering aswell.
06064.jpg

06066.jpg

06065.jpg

aawww the Lowestoft bunnies! They are all very cute so im sure they will find homes soon. Hope Jack and Bunny's eyes are ok. Glad Bunny has a home already, how sad to have to find a new home at 10yrs old :(

Bunny has to have her eye removed on Thursday. Rob said it is glucoma and when he shon the light into her eye you could see the lens had slipped inside. He said it was probably very painful for her. Maybe the stupid owner should have something like this and see how it feels :x :evil: .
Snowdrop had some spurs on her teeth and needs her insisors burring so thats going to be done on Friday when she is spayed.
I was right about Jack, 1 of his eyes has a cateract and the other one has what looks like puss floating in it. Rob said he has seen it before in bunnies and was going to look up his old notes to see what treatment he found best. I also suspected it was E-C related and Rob agreed. Rob also said Jack has some spurs on his molars but they are flat rather than spikey and not causing any probs right now.

these are from the lady with no transport? the one that i phoned?

does the local rspca kow that you are taking no more bunnys? or will you still be taking them from them cheryl?

is there somewhere close that you can send folk with bunnies?

Eve x

bunnylove said:
these are from the lady with no transport? the one that i phoned?
Yes thats the ones.
does the local rspca kow that you are taking no more bunnys? or will you still be taking them from them cheryl?
No not yet, lets see if I can stick to it this time. If I hadnt carried on taking in bunnies I wouldnt now owe my vets £850 with more to add on this week :shock:

is there somewhere close that you can send folk with bunnies?

Eve x

There are 2 other rescues about 20 miles away, 1 of them I have never spoken to and the other one takes in large numbers of bunnies but doesnt get them netuered and doesnt look after them properly :evil:

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunny has to have her eye removed on Thursday. Rob said it is glucoma and when he shon the light into her eye you could see the lens had slipped inside. He said it was probably very painful for her. Maybe the stupid owner should have something like this and see how it feels .
Snowdrop had some spurs on her teeth and needs her insisors burring so thats going to be done on Friday when she is spayed.
I was right about Jack, 1 of his eyes has a cateract and the other one has what looks like puss floating in it. Rob said he has seen it before in bunnies and was going to look up his old notes to see what treatment he found best. I also suspected it was E-C related and Rob agreed. Rob also said Jack has some spurs on his molars but they are flat rather than spikey and not causing any probs right now.

we had a bun called Dizzy who had eyes like that .
she had other probs too . turned out she had cataracts but was caused by e-cunniculi as were her other probs .

She had a good few months with us despite her problems but her other conditions were very advanced and in the end we had to PTS . :cry: :cry:

Back