• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

beetroot brunch

madysmummy

Mama Doe
anyone feed them to their rabbits ? I normally think that 'treats' are like mcdonald's if you no what i mean.. but went round my mums today and she had bought mady these mix-xie's beetroot brunch , beetroot and maize mix. felt bad as she had bought them, so took them and thought i'd ask before giving them to mady.
the ingredients are = wheat,dried veg and EU permitted colourings and preservatives

crude protein = 8.5%
crude fibre = 2.1 %
moisture = 13.5 %
crude fat = 3.8%
crude ash = 1.2 %

what do people think yay or nay ?

only a small bit at a time if at all id say, seeing as the fibre is very low and protein and fat are higher. My sis did the same last xmas, bought all the animals treats and felt bad leaving my two fluffies out so got them treats which i gave them a few of and their poops got alot smaller over the next day or so so i stopped feeding them to them. My sis doesnt know :wink:

thats what i was thinking ! :? like i say i think that treats like that are like mcdonalds for rabbits ! :shock: :evil: think i'll give them to the bin man. was a nice thought of my mum's thou. think i'll say next time buy her some herbs or fresh veg :D

I use them when I can get hold of them

I use them as training treats and bedtime treats, I have one bun who would kill you for one

mine likes them ocasionally but with any treats like that.... once she has had a few she wants me to open something else lol and goes right off them

Mine have treats which are bad for them but that they love - can't not give them to them when I regularly sit there stuffing my fave with junk food!!! At the moment they have carrot treats (don't want to think about whats in them!) one or two every couple of days. When Jack hears the packet being opened he actually jumps up and down on the spot at my feet!! :lol:

Cheryl introduced me to a great treat that my two go mad for. When i first offered them some they ran away but once they tried them they go nuts trying to get the bag off the cupboard!! :lol: They are all natural, dried apple, dried herbs, made by Excel. They still dont get too many at a time but they adore them and they are certainly better for them than the biscuity ones in my opinion.

My buns hated the excel ones! I was so sad as I thought they'd be great for a change. I give raisins as a treat, but really rarely or as a bribe to go in the carrier when they KNOW they're going to the vets lol.

Back