• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teething baby

caritas2006

Warren Scout
Is there any hope that my baby lop will ever get out of her habbit of nibbling everything

Any one got any tips I keep saying No Tich but she just looks at me smiles and carrys on

:lol: Aww!

Nibbling is natural rabbit behaviour so I'm afraid you can't stop it. You can redirect it though. The idea is to keep her so busy with things she can nibble she doesn't have time for things you'd rather were left in one piece.

So.... a treatball is great to put dry food in as it will take lots of time for her to nudge it around and get the food. Toys made of willow are great for nibbling and you can stuff them with hay to be more interesting. Hide things in her hay so she has to hunt for them. A cardboard box make a great hidehole. If you cut a small window, she'll probably nibble it bigger. Lots of toys and plenty of hay to keep her busy helps too.

Tam

Errrrmmm, sorry but she's just being a Rabbit!! :wink:
You could offer her things she can chew such as some Willow Sticks, a cardboard box, bark and twigs from fruit trees ( as long as you are 100% certain the trees have not been sprayed with any chemicals.)
An old telephone directory is a popular toy, rabbits love to rip them to shreds!!
But I am affraid if you have a Bun you have to accept that they CHEW!!
:D :D

Janex

it is when i hold her she nibblies she loves cuddles but i am running out of t shirts

She has loads of things to nibble in her cage but she still like to bit the bars to come out

caritas2006 said:
it is when i hold her she nibblies she loves cuddles but i am running out of t shirts

She's grooming you :) It's a sign of affection. Rabbits often use their teeth to groom. You could try getting an old apron of something to wear over your clothes when cuddling her :)

Back