• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size Dog Crate?

mtoyah

Warren Scout
What size dog crate would be suitable for a couple of bunnies? I was thinking the 48".

It's only as an indoor bed as they have a hutch but I want to have somehwere for them to go in winter should it be way too cold outside!!

If they live outside in the winter it is not a good idea to just bring them in when it is really cold. That can mess with their ability to cope with the cold and might make them start to moult early leaving them vulnerable to chills. It is better to permanently make them house rabbits, or just for the winter, or to invest in a good quality cover for their hutch. I covered all my hutches with thermawrap last year with a waterproof cover over the top. The waterbottles didn't even freeze when it got really cold. The rabbits spent all day in their runs (with access to their hutches) as they had adequete coats to cope with the cold, I only kept them in when it was too wet.

Back