• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering my bridge bunnies

HS

Wise Old Thumper
I have three bunnies at the bridge :cry: and for each we planted a rose above the burial spot. They're just starting to flower now, and I feel like my lovely girls are still with me. It's a lovely reminder of each of them.

Many of you probably remember Nougat, who we lost to flystrike last August.

nougat1.jpg

This is Nougat rose

DSCN1081.jpg

Patch was my cuddly, beautiful girl, and Bobby's first wife.

DSCN0107-1.jpg

ANd this is her rose

DSCN1082.jpg

Flopsy was my first bunny, and perfect in every way.

flopsy.jpg

Unfortunately her rose isn't doing so well at the moment, so I'll take photos when it's all better!

How do you all remember your bridge bunnies?

Fortunately, we only have one set of neighbours, who really love the bunnies and understand that I'm a bit potty about them, as I'm always talking to the rose bushes, letting the buns know what's happening :oops:

That's beautiful :) As are your bunnies!
You're Flospy looks exactly the same as my Flopsy :)

With my rabbits I've made crosses out of wood and put them over their grave with their names and the dates they were born/died.

Although I loved them all, James was extra special. Over his grave I've planted a Bleeding Heart plant and a pansy (those were his favourite flowers, I got in so much trouble when he ate those :lol: I didn't care, it made him happy) and there's also a plastic bunny ornament, that kinda looks like James, in front of that. That is one reason I don't want to move house next month... I'll feel like I'm leaving all my bunnies behind :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I always talk to my rabbits who are at the bridge too :oops:

Flopsy rose came with me from my last house - it's still in a tub, so I think it may do better when I plant it properly.
Take the plants with you to your new house, and you'll still have them to talk to.

What a lovely way to remember them :love:
I've a shoe box full of pictures of my pets that have past away, with things to remember them by [the wood blocks my belated rat used to knaw on, her food bowl :oops: etc] I just can't get over them.

thelma said:
What a lovely way to remember them :love:
I've a shoe box full of pictures of my pets that have past away, with things to remember them by [the wood blocks my belated rat used to knaw on, her food bowl :oops: etc] I just can't get over them.

Aww, that's a lovely thing to do! :love:

awwww! what beautiful flowers for beautiful bunnies :D I've done something similar for my Bilbo. He has his own little garden and the flowers there are doing better than any of the flowers in the rest of the garden ( dispite almost getting eaten by snails!) even the peony bush next to his garden has flowered for the first time in 5 years and the rose tree has more flowers than I've ever seen.
I also talk to Bilbo about everything, so you're not alone. Not sure if anyone heard me though :oops:

Thats a lovely way to commemorate your little friends :D
I am HOPELESS with ANY plant so I have a memorial album of every Bun whose life I have had the privilege of sharing :D
Not very origional I know, but I would not trust myself with commemorative plants........

Janex

When my bun Promey died I got a bunny statue and two baby bun statues for the grave and put shells around the edge so I didn't accidently stand on it. Then my poor baby Charlie died and he went next to him and one of the baby bun statues was put over him. Then poor Rufus my Guinea Pig died and one of the baby bunnies is over him. It sucks. I wish I could have done more but it's my parents garden. God knows what I'll do if they ever move!

Back