• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rearguard

Suzanne

Mama Doe
We've just done our two bunnies with Reardgurad and it was so difficult!! Rosie isn't too keen on being picked up anyway. But the way to apply is awkward, we had to press it quite hard against the bunnies for anything to come out and it took ages. I think a pump spray would be better.

Does anyone else have problems with it or is there an easier way?? Well it's done now and we now have two portected but grumpy rabbits in the garden.

What other measures should we take? They live ouside in the run all day and we change the litter in there every morning and I check Leo everyday cause he's easier to handle but Rosie can be difficult sometimes as OH has just found out (got a few scratches) :lol: :lol:

Animals2.png

I found Rearguard difficult to use too, expecially with large, wriggly bunnies!
Just make sure they are clean, have a healthy diet and are not passing excess caecals/ can clean themselves properly.
I use Dyna-mite too, it's a natural spray which acts as a fly deterrent.

yes i thought it was difficult to use too, but rather than pressing it down onto the rabbits I pressed it onto a clean hard surface to get some out then moped it up with the applicator and then wiped it onto them.

Where can I get this product from? Do you use it inside the hutch or on the bunny?

Both bunnies have a good diet and are very clean but I still worry.

Animals2.png

Suzanne said:

Where can I get this product from? Do you use it inside the hutch or on the bunny?

Both bunnies have a good diet and are very clean but I still worry.

Animals2.png

I get mine from here.....

http://www.doghealth.co.uk/dyna-mit.htm

But I think you can also get it from www.bunnybasics.co.uk

You dilute it with water and can be used to clean cages and sprayed right onto bunnies :D

That sounds good! :D I've been looking for a good product to get rid of all the flies too :x :x
Does it work well?

xEMMAx said:
That sounds good! :D I've been looking for a good product to get rid of all the flies too :x :x
Does it work well?

Its fab and all natural :D Which is what I like! really stong smelling too :D

loopylop said:
xEMMAx said:
Does it work well?

Ohh good :D I'm off to order some now!

I refuse to lose another rabbit to flystrike!! :cry: :evil:
I wish I'd found this forum before they got to my James :cry:

xEMMAx said:
loopylop said:
xEMMAx said:
Does it work well?

Ohh good :D I'm off to order some now!

I refuse to lose another rabbit to flystrike!! :cry: :evil:
I wish I'd found this forum before they got to my James :cry:

Awww hun, we live and learn :wink: James will be pleased you are still learning with some new buns :D

Dynamite is ace, i like that you can use it on buns themselves as well as the cages :D

It was recommended to me by Adele :D

I lost Nougat to flystrike last year, and it was so distressing. I've noticed far less flies around the runs now I'm using dyna-mite. Sweet smelling bunnies too!

I just feel really bad because the week he died I was going to take him to the vet for vaccinations and to ask them about flystrike :oops: :(

It's very very distressing :( When I found out James had it I was shaking so much I was scared to hold him because I thought I'd drop him! Ok can't talk about this anymore, still makes me cry :cry:

Anyway... yes, I have learnt and now Jasper and Clio are going to have long and healthy lives :D
It's good that it smells nice too! Some sprays you can get smell horrible :?

Dynamite smells really "lemony!" :D I bought mine last year and had loads left for this summer, soooooo worth every penny :D

loopylop said:
Dynamite smells really "lemony!" :D I bought mine last year and had loads left for this summer, soooooo worth every penny :D

Ohh nice! :D I'm looking forward to spraying it everywhere! :lol: :lol:

Could I use it as a fly spray for my horse? how much can you make up from the 250ml bottle or is it better the 1 ltr.

I also saw that you can get it in a shampoo form would be good for wahing my horse.

Looked on bunny basics site, i did read somewhere that their not to good on supply :?

If I remember rightly, 10ml Dyna-mite per litre of water (for bunnies), has to be used within a week. I'd probably go for the 250ml one.
I've never had a problem with Bunnybasics - find them consistently excellent in terms of product, and delivery.

HS said:
If I remember rightly, 10ml Dyna-mite per litre of water (for bunnies), has to be used within a week. I'd probably go for the 250ml one.
I've never had a problem with Bunnybasics - find them consistently excellent in terms of product, and delivery.

I just mix mine up and use it until its gone :? (Which is longer than a week) oops!

Back