• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Lopsley.....I've Bottled Out

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:oops: :oops:

He was due to be de-plummed on Monday but I am gonna postpone it for a few more weeks. Although his plums are down (they are HUGE :shock: ) he is not showing any 'rude buck' behaviour yet and is still such a baby :love: all soppy and cuddly :love:
Dont worry, I WILL get him done and am NOT thinking of breeding from him. I just want to wait a while. Basically cos I am scared :oops:

Janex

bunnymadhouse said:
hi jane ,
they bounce back from the op much quicker when they re so young :wink:

Hmmm, I know. I just have one of those 'gut feelings'.
Same thing happened with getting Millie spayed. I only put it off for about three weeks.
I know its silly :oops: I just couldn't bare to loose him :cry:

Janex

i know i was like that with bleberry muffin .
i put it off for 18 months :? :oops:

took him 6 weeks to get over it though . :cry:
from now on any baby buns i have get the chop while they re still babies :wink:

bunnymadhouse said:
i know i was like that with bleberry muffin .
i put it off for 18 months :? :oops:

took him 6 weeks to get over it though . :cry:
from now on any baby buns i have get the chop while they re still babies :wink:

Thanks Angie!!
I need a major kick up the bottom on this one :roll:
I know you are 100% right.
I tell everyone 'Oh yes get them done ASAP' but when its MY Bun...... :oops: :oops:
I mean if he is gonna be a RARE GA allergic Bun or an undetected heart prob' Bun he is gonna be the same whether I get him done on Monday or in a few weeks time.
Arrrrrrrrgh, why am I such a WUSS!!
:oops: :oops:
:roll: :roll:

Janex

OOOH jane! I'm a wuss too!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I need to get my old bunster done, but am scared :shock: I know how you feel

sparklefairy said:
OOOH jane! I'm a wuss too!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I need to get my old bunster done, but am scared :shock: I know how you feel

Its daft cos I know his plums have to go but he is such a BABY :love:
He runs to his mummy (ME!) if anything frightens him :love:
And he loves his cuddles :love: He goes to sleep and will give kisses as he drifts off :love:
Janex

Aww, you aren't a wuss... it's totally understandable. Surely it's best to get it quickly over and done with then you worry less and it's all out the way :D

You won't lose him, he obviously loves you very much... so will want to be back with his mummy and recover asap :)

Awww jane your bound to be nervous,but just think how fab your vet is and how you trust her 100%
He will be fine :D

I would wait! If you are having a gut feeling to postpone it, do it! I have put loads of my bunnies through anaesthetics and they have been fine,but when Alfie my young frenchie boy went in for his surgery, I was in floods of tears when he went in, I took him into theatre and passed him over and the vet asked me why I was so upset and I said I just had a bad feeling about this, everyone told me to stop being so silly and he would be fine, and part of me thought yeah they are right he will be. But he wasn't,he died :( . I wish I had gone with my gut feeling now and I always think back and wish I hadn't put him through it :( I have had other rabbits go for anaesthetics since then and have felt fine about them going in and they have been fine. I just wish I had cancelled the surgery and waited abit. It may have still had the same outcome,it may not, but at least I wouldn't have felt so awful for putting him under :(

Lind80 said:
I would wait! If you are having a gut feeling to postpone it, do it! I have put loads of my bunnies through anaesthetics and they have been fine,but when Alfie my young frenchie boy went in for his surgery, I was in floods of tears when he went in, I took him into theatre and passed him over and the vet asked me why I was so upset and I said I just had a bad feeling about this, everyone told me to stop being so silly and he would be fine, and part of me thought yeah they are right he will be. But he wasn't,he died :( . I wish I had gone with my gut feeling now and I always think back and wish I hadn't put him through it :( I have had other rabbits go for anaesthetics since then and have felt fine about them going in and they have been fine. I just wish I had cancelled the surgery and waited abit. It may have still had the same outcome,it may not, but at least I wouldn't have felt so awful for putting him under :(

Awwww I am really sorry about Alfie :(
I think I am just going to see what my 'gut instinct' tells me on Monday.
The first appointment I had for Millie's spay just felt 'wrong' so I cancelled. I got her done about 3 weeks later and I felt much more confident about signing the consent form.
Have NO IDEA why I felt so unsure before, but its the same feeling as I have now :? :?
Janex

Lind80 said:

I went through exactly that with my precious Peaches, I still wish I hadn't taken him that day :cry:

I would have coped somehow with an entire buck if it meant having my precious baby back with me.

I still can't write about it, let alone talk about it without bursting into tears :oops: Despite it being well over a year ago now :cry:

I'll never forget the feeling when I got the call to say he'd gone and did I want them to go on and neuter his brother, and I'll NEVER ever ignore a gut feeling again- its just not worth it :cry:

The stupid thing is I knew days/weeks before his op that he wouldn't survive yet I still booked him in, he'd been so ill as a youngster, I even had special cuddles and took loads of photos of him the night before his op,

I do believe he knew it was his time to go though b'cos that night as we had a cuddle he stretched up and licked my nose- my only 'true' bunny kiss :love: and by some miracle my stepmum caught the moment in a picture.

Thats enough of me rambling, but if its not right don't do it

I think you should give him to me so you don't have the dilema any more! Lol!
Do what you feel is right. I'd guess none of your girls are unspayed so there's not much risk of accidents. Go with your gut, a couple of weeks won't hurt.

Also can we have some more pics? x

Thanks guys!! :D
I am definately going to postpone his op'
He is not 4 months old yet (his plums are HUMUNGOUS though :shock: ) so I am going to wait another 4 weeks.
No, I dont have any un-spayed Does so no baby Lopsley's are gonna happen!!

Janex

fenchurch said:
hehe, my Earnest had titchy plums. And the vet said, 'wheres his... oh there, small penis isn't it!'

:shock: :shock:

Vet didnt have to be quite so tactless :wink:
Hope Ernest hasn't got a Willy-Worry now!!
Just tell him size doesn't matter!!
:lol: :lol:

Jane

fenchurch said:
hehe, my Earnest had titchy plums. And the vet said, 'wheres his... oh there, small penis isn't it!'

ROTFLMAO! Our vet said that about Miles! He said "The testicles are present although they are rather small!" :shock: Harry was most upset they had insulted his son's manhood in such a way!! :lol:

I'd say on this one go with your gut instinct. As he's so young, putting it of a few weeks won't harm him.

AMETHYST

You have to be sure its ok - I was worried when I took jack and Milly in but knew they would both be fine. I set up Milly's temporary home so well - loads of toys, dishes to stack (she likes to stack things :roll: ), twig ball, soft blanket - and she came back and after about an hour the soft blanket had been peed on the twig ball destroyed and the dishes stacked (!). Same with Jack. I think you do know.

Back