• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Nottingham

Suzanne

Mama Doe
RSPCA Nottingham have lots of bunnies looking for new homes. The girl who looks after them was telling us that it's quite difficult to rehome them, as most people go there for the cats and dogs.

All the animals are very well kept but the bunnies don't seem to get the handling and attention they need due to lack of time and there being so many. Every rabbit card I read said the animal was friendly but frightened.

So if anyone in Nottingham is looking for a bunny the RSCPA has some ovely ones. We've reserved such a cutie!! :D

Awwwww well done for offering a home to a bunny in need :thumb:
Its so sad to think of all the thousands of Buns out there who become 'unwanted' :cry: :cry:

Janex

Aww poor buns :( I'd much rather adopt rabbits than dogs or cats! I don't see why people don't like them... they're so cute and lovely! :love:

If I had anymore room I'd adopt lots more! :lol:

Maybe they should put an appeal in the local paper explaining they don't just do dogs and cats, sometimes it's just that people don't realise.

I think perhaps rhoming is bad in Nottingham in general, my fostersOzzy, Sharon, Brambe and Thistle are from Kirby they're over run too.

SOAD said:
I think perhaps rhoming is bad in Nottingham in general, my fostersOzzy, Sharon, Brambe and Thistle are from Kirby they're over run too.

Yes, that could be true as Kirkby really do have so many rabbits- many more than most rescues it seems.
Please anyone help some rabbits in Nottinghamshire!- have just added some more Kirkby bunnies to the rehoming page.

I think it's bad generally in the East Mids as rehoming has slowed for me too! :( I now have a waiting list of 40 :shock: to come in and no spaces...unless I can home some of the ones ready to go I dread to think what will happen to the ones waiting for a safe place :cry:

honeybunny said:
I think it's bad generally in the East Mids as rehoming has slowed for me too! :( I now have a waiting list of 40 :shock: to come in and no spaces...unless I can home some of the ones ready to go I dread to think what will happen to the ones waiting for a safe place :cry:

40? :shock: thats awful (them not you obviously)

I have a friend who wanted a rabbit and lives in leicester near you.
I gave her your number but she went to a pet shop instead. I know its up to her but its quite frustrating. She's got a single female so i'll have to nag her to get a neutered boy from you now!

We got Leo from Kirkby last December and there were so many rabbits looking for homes :(

If anyone decides to adopt a rabbit from Kirkby we would be able to help with bunny runs.

Mandy if you need any help with the work your doing at there please let me know.

Animals2.png

Suzanne said:
We got Leo from Kirkby last December and there were so many rabbits looking for homes :(

If anyone decides to adopt a rabbit from Kirkby we would be able to help with bunny runs.

Mandy if you need any help with the work your doing at there please let me know.

Animals2.png

I must confess that my only involvement with Kirkby is to put the photos up on rabbit rehome. I feel guilty now :oops: , I don't want to take credit for any of their hard work.

Thats really nice of you to offer rabbit runs, I'm sure they'd really appreciate it.

ps. Leo is gorgeous.

Back