• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TRYING NOT TO FUSS - NEW LIITER??? cheryl help!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
THE ARE NOW 2.5 DAYS OLD ARHHHHHHHHHHH anyway i have just gone to look and five or the 6 kits are laying next to the nest :? and one is still in it (must admit i thought i was dead because it was on its own) :shock: have they moved because its hot in the nest or because they are just figgetting or fell out?? must admit i have put them back in there :oops: but i dont want them to get tramped on by the other!

omg in the first litter there was 3 rews, 1 black otter and 1 harli, this time there are 2 rews, three otters and another harli :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can see where the nest is and where they are :? :? :shock:
nest3daysold007.jpg

nest3daysold006.jpg

It could be a number of reasons eve one is possibly that the older kits have pushed them out another is as you said they have fallen out, mum could have nudged them out thinking she had to many

Phill said:
It could be a number of reasons eve one is possibly that the older kits have pushed them out another is as you said they have fallen out, mum could have nudged them out thinking she had to many

mum is quite comfortable with her lot :shock: i think she check me check on them then goes back and stays with the first litter, who are spending less time out of the sleeping compartment now, where before they were always in there, i am wondering whther they are too hot in there so trying to cool!r!

I would give Cheryl a shout she's had far more experience with babes than i have eve. I really don't know hun, in the litters i have had no babys have ever been out of the nest unless put there by mum

Hiya Eve, aaawwww you are a very caring Bunny Mummy, but please dont worry little babies often wriggle out of nest, or perhaps their Mum moved them as she thought they were too hot.
I am sure it is nothing to worry about, we had it happen many years ago when we had babies.
One things though, it is very risky to handle the babies at this stage, as if Mummy smells an intruder on her babes, she may attack them.
We used to wear a clean cotton glove if we absolutely had to move them, but best not to unless life and death situation.
They look very healthy Eve, I am sure they will grow into strong little bunnies :D
Now no more stressing out.....babies are great :D

Best wishes
Adele

If they fall out of the nest again I would just leave them for mum to sort out. If you move them too much she might reject them.

Adele said:
Hiya Eve, aaawwww you are a very caring Bunny Mummy, but please dont worry little babies often wriggle out of nest, or perhaps their Mum moved them as she thought they were too hot.
I am sure it is nothing to worry about, we had it happen many years ago when we had babies.
One things though, it is very risky to handle the babies at this stage, as if Mummy smells an intruder on her babes, she may attack them.
We used to wear a clean cotton glove if we absolutely had to move them, but best not to unless life and death situation.
They look very healthy Eve, I am sure they will grow into strong little bunnies :D
Now no more stressing out.....babies are great :D

Best wishes
Adele

i always rub my hands in there poo adele and she watches me do it anyway, i used to check the first litter too (make sure there were ok once a day) and she used to watch me then and that was fine, i think after the first she knows i am not going to hurt her or them! :D

they dont look like they have fallen out to me cheryl, maybe she moved them but why leave one :?

thanks cheryl!

Back