• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a Trio- help!!

mtoyah

Warren Scout
I am getting a 3rd bunny and wanted to get advice from those who have a trio or more on their experiences as I want to make it as painless as possible for the bunnies!!

Trios often don't work - it is all down to the characters of the rabbits. Obviously you know your rabbits best. If they are really laid back accepting animals then it might work, but don't get another rabbit unless you are willing to end up with another pair instead of a trio.

I agree, it really does depend on how laid back the existing rabbits are. I've got a bonded group of 6...and these were bonded together in stages..the final hardest bond was to put Sophie into the group of 5...which took time, and a few weeks of her living with them, but with a mesh divide...then trying them without the mesh. Wasn't successful on the first or second occasion, with lots of scrapping and chasing...but once that was all out of their system, they just accepted her. It's been absolutely fine ever since :D (hence siggie :D)

Back