• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Murphy and Michael Please...U/D Blood Test Results

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
They are both off to see Christabel this morning.
Murphy has a suspected abscess in his eye :( Full saga here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24302

Michael is showing the same early symptoms David and Becks did. D+B had Congenital Heart Failure :cry: The first symptoms I noticed were that D+B drank and wee'd LOADS from the age of 1. Michael is 1 and is doing the same. D+B were also an odd shape. Pot-belly and narrow chest. So is Michael :cry: D+B were Rexes from an inbred breeding line. So is Michael :cry: I really hope my fears are unfounded but I want Christabel to run a blood profile on Michael and to have a listen to his heart (which sounds OK to my unqualified ear)

Please wish my boys luck.

Janex

Here`s sending bucket loads of positive vibes for micheal & Murphy and big supportive hugs to you.................................................

Su.x

Sending lots of positive vibes to Murph and Michael.

Please let us know how you get on at the Vets.

L of L,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Thanks for your replies :)
Michael is still with Christabel as we couldn't get a single drop of blood from him :shock: Not even by going into his Jugular :shock: :shock:
So Christabel is going to let Michael rest up a bit whilst she finishes her now running VERY late clinic :oops:
Michael was so good bless him. We tried an ear vein,a leg vein then the Jugular NOTHING!!

Murphy probably does have an abscess in his eye :( However to cover all possibilities he is being treated with Panacur too, although EC is unlikely.
So he is on Tiacil, Baytril, Metacam and Panacur and will be re-examined next week. I asked if there was a chance it could be Lymphosarcoma (cancer of the lymphatic system) as his eye looks just like the one illustrating Lymphosarcoma in FHB's Book. But Christabel thinks it would be more likely to have effected both eyes so we HOPE it is not that.

I will go and collect Michael (and his friend Millie) later and we then have to wait for the blood test results.
I am seriously thinking of moving everybun and myself into the Vets!!

Janex

I've only just caught up with this. Come on boys! stop worrying your mummy!
:no:
I really hope they both get better soon xx

Christabel has just phoned with Michaels blood test results...

ALL OK!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So he is just a Bun for whom drinking and wee'ing a lot is NORMAL!!

Phew, so glad I was WRONG to think he had the start of a Heart Condition!!

Murphy is still on his Meds and I THINK the damaged area within his cornea is getting better :D Back to see Christabel on Thursday for a check-up.

Janex

Back