• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting help plz

BUBBLES

Mama Doe
Maisy and daisy had started to fight theirs not blood just a lot of chashing in circles head butting fur pulling and sniffs is trying to hump them and that starts them of even more
the thing is sniff has not hump them for ages its only started since the 2 girls have started fighting

wot shall i do

plz help

have the girls been neutered?

It could be that both are "in season" which is why they are fighting as their hormones are racing, and hence why Mr Sniffs is trying to hump them as he can sense it.

How old are your buns? If they are still quite young then puberty could be hitting. Get them neutered!!

All 3 have been neutered. and have been living together happily for several months after the Ops. until yesterday
Mr Sniffs has just turned 1, and Daisy, Maisy are 11mths or so.

Has any other rabbit been near them? First time I walked past Joey & Smirnoff with an un-neutered bun, they fought.

How long ago were they neutered as it can sometimes take time for the hormone levels to drop.

If it keeps happening you may have to try re-visited bonding to re-stablish the relationship.

If it has only happened once or twice it could just be a falling out, but if it's consistent there are territorial problems- is there something in common when each fight has occurred e.g. feeding time, where the fight took place etc

Maisy and daisy got done in feb sniff in aprill

but its only maisy really going for daisy

It happen 3 times last night and this morning they have not had a chase since about lunch time

they are fine at feeding time all share the same bowl for veg and pellets and they sit happy together eating :? :?

If it just happened out of the blue and only last night and this morning they could have just fallen out.

If it's happening when food is being put out then I would try separate bowls. Otherwise see if it happens again tonight and watch for anything that looks like it's sparking it off...is one getting more attention than the other from Sniffs/anyone else that might cause jealousy?

Sounds strange but this works: a time out!

If they start fighting again you need to separate them and put them in separate cages for say half an hour then let them out. They do it again put them back and so forth....they start to associate their fighting with their freedom being removed and once they do they should strat to come down.

I did this with mine when she was being naughty and eventually she worked out that if she did what she was doing I was putting her away and she didn't like that.

Rabbits are intelligent and will gradually work out what is happening to them and why.

If it has only just happened I wouldn't worry too much as trios are hard to manage and I am just about to turn my duo into a trio..... give them time and see if it happens again and try the naughty bed approach.

i did split them for a while this morning sniff on his own and maisy and daisy together

Maisy was still having ago at daisy at times but they soon settled down and masiy even gave gave daisy a wash and was sitting next to her towards the end them i put sniffs back in with them and so far so good no chasing/head butting/furr pulling

but i will watch them tonight to see if any thing sparks it off

let me know if it does but I reckon split them both up and if its one bullying the other put her on her own and leave the other with sniff. She will soon get fed up and behave!

Good luck!!

If there is no blood, I would keep them together giving them as much space as possible. Splitting them up only means that they will end up having to sort our their heirachy again.

I will usually watch from a distance and spray them with water if they start at each other. Usually they will settle down particuarly if they have been living together previously quite happily.

jrn1310 said:
If there is no blood, I would keep them together giving them as much space as possible. Splitting them up only means that they will end up having to sort our their heirachy again.

I will usually watch from a distance and spray them with water if they start at each other. Usually they will settle down particuarly if they have been living together previously quite happily.

I'm usually for keeping together if at all possible. I get armed with water pistols, & give them places to hide/run. Having said that, i do have a rex that was bonded twice before it stuck. :?

i did see some blood this morning i picked them up one by one and looked over them and no signs of bites or cuts

phill was on msn so i asked her and i told her that i had maisy on her own and sniff and daisy together she told me to pop maisy back in and take sniff out for an hour to see wot they are like toghter

I did do that and maisy was chasing daisy for a bit then settled down and even started grooming daisy so after that hour i put sniff back and so far no chasing /fighting / furr pulling

im just worried about tonight :?

Back