• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit exercise runs **Can I see piccies plz**

Hi

Im wanting some ideas for rabbit runs for my own rabbits, and was interested in seeing what other peoples runs look like.

Also, wot size are your runs and how many rabbits use it at any one time

Thanks

Vicky

Mine each have an 8ft x 4.5 ft run, can't remember how tall but my giant can reach up and touch the top (but not lift it thank goodness)

Aspen'n'Company (another member on this forum) and I live nextdoor to eachother and we share 2 runs that we built ourselves :D

One is 8'x6'x4' and the other is 4'x6'x'4

The rabbits are never in them without supervision, so thats why the dont have tops.

When we first built them (excuse the dead grass :oops:)
yard2.jpg

yard4.jpg

yard3.jpg

xxx

This is my rabbit run that me and my dad built last summer.

We split it into 3 sections so I could get more out at once. I have asked my dad if we can make it into 2 sections of the same size or 2 sections of 1 larger one and the other one smaller.

Twinkle is the rabbit that is in the run. I adopted her from the SSPCA after she was handed in for being aggressive to her original owners kids

I fill it with all kinds of toys, treats, fruit and veg and I also get grass from the front garden for them to eat. I had to have the run on the slabs as I have really horrible neighbours who used to say that they would hurt my rabbits. They cannot see in the run as the back of it is all covered up

twinkleinnewrun.jpg
[/img]

8 x 5 ft run used by my 2 bunnies...

rabbits038.jpg

It is latched onto the hutch but can be unlatched and moved around the garden by adding an extra side to it. The top of it is hinged in 2 places so it can be fully open or enclosed.

Blimey - must take another piccie now we've put some bloomin' plants in - can't believe how bear the garden was when we first moved in. :shock:

I am just working on a bigger run 9ft long + I think, based on an 8 piece temp run I received, the hard wire type in pieces. IRO £40.

However its not much use like that, so I have cheaply bought some wooden lengths, that I formed a rigid structure around these panels so they are not longer moveable but a rectangle around the 6ft hutch (and a pretty darn big one). The plus side is the wire panels are already supplied so dont have to be fabricated.

Then I can fit a wire mesh to the top panel/s that allows entry (tad more expensive at £17 from B&Q I think).

I think it will work out pretty well so long as the flex is eliminated on the moving panel, a slight problem I had on my home built 6ft run but its still together ! :lol:

Sorry will get a photo when possible too.

Hi
This is my run, the hutch that is inside it in the piccie has been removed, and i have attached a new hutch to the side which has a ramp so she can go in and out, which i've also posted a pic, but havent got an updated pic of the two joined together yet! The run is 8ft x 7 ft (approx) and about 3ft high, the hutch is approx 6ft x 3 ft and 3 ft high.
At the moment i have 2 bunnies, but are not bonded yet, so just Pepsi uses the run at the mo.....soon to be joined by Pepper :D
run2.jpg

hutch1.jpg

Pepsi, where did you get that fab run from it's excellent for putting over a hutch. I love it.

Rabswood

awwww thanks, hubby built it after alot of persuasion :lol: :lol:
It is lovely, the only thing is we are moving soon, got to figure out how to transport it :? :lol:
It wasnt very expensive probably cost us abour £100 all in all, which for a run that size is very good.

This is my buns run, they get access to the enclosed bit all the time and onto the grass run when I can supervise them :)

DSCF0853.jpg

I think you can just make out Eddie in the run on the grass :D

Looks a bit of a state, but it did look like this:

6da3f16e.jpg

However I'm currently rebuilding it (slowly!) and it will eventually be framed out in wood with opening ends to allow the buns to run round the garden without having to keep the shed doors open, and will also have a flip top lid to make it easy to access.

newrun.jpg

Blimey! Alison, you have been busy :D
This is the best pic of my buns run, it is 7 foot long and has a solid wooden end for shade and shelter and it folds flat so can go in the car, I got it from Ebay.
P3300098.jpg

Nicola x

WIP the one on the left, as you can see. (These are fair weather outdoor playtime hutches, not full time as they are indoor buns).

It needs extra protection on the top bit, plus for leaving them outside unattended it is going to need a split opening (one single one would swagger around like mad due to its size).

I suppose it could even be a lid that lifts off and fastens down. But I'll probably do hinges, and have it so the lid attaches open via catches on the slighly higher hutch.

PICT0031.jpg

Where did you get that shed from Bubbles and was the door like that when you bought it? We're currently looking for a shed for our bunnies as we now have a garden for them to play in :D

sorry cant provide in use piccy but im guessing i can dig through the net...
My daughter found one brand new on ebay..if its an ebay shop ill link it..its one of those wire runs with a mesh..BUT its bigger than any tohers of its type ive seen..
it has 8 mesh panels forming an octagon..and comes complete with net cover that one side is solid so gives shade. Its awesome weve only had it a fortnight but oscar our mini lop and biffykins whose a large gal can actually run and binkie in it and seeing as its 6ft diameter they can chase each other till they are worn out!

Its by a company called trixie..forign firm..had to laff..it says on the box..just for your little darling...how did they know :lol:

ok im not sure if this is where she got it from..im sure she got it for thirty something pounds..
anyway i will get info off her later..but heres one on ebay..warning its bigger than you think!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-8-PANEL...ryZ63511QQssPageNameZWD4VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fairy Angel said:
Where did you get that shed from Bubbles and was the door like that when you bought it? We're currently looking for a shed for our bunnies as we now have a garden for them to play in :D

yep the door was like that when we brought it

rob the bloke who done the run floor has this mate who does sheds
so we got it from him it cost 360 its an 8ft by 6ft

you could by a normal shed and cut the door in half thats wot we think they did to are one

Back