• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sneezng Bun.........

pepsi

Alpha Buck
Last night i was out in the run with Pepsi and she sneezed about 5 times in a row, is this normal? I've never heard her sneeze before? :?

Some buns actually get hayfever, though it's rare. Something probably just irritated the nose. Just keep an eye on her, I'm sure she's fine.

Just make sure she's not got any discharge from her nose and check her front paws, as they use these to wipe their noses and the mucus collects in the fur. If you see either of these, take her to the vets to get her checked out for snuffles :?

Right ok, i will check her when i get home from work, its been raining so might be hard to tell, she did look like she had wet on her nose the other day but i thought she just had a drink and dripped it on her nose, because she has a bowl as well as a bottle at the mo. I will keep a close eye and take her to th vets if she's still sneezing, in the mean time anything i can do to help/prevent?

My bunnies sneeze sometimes when they breathe in their previously moulted fur, and they can sneeze around 5-6 times in a row before they clean their little noses and stop sneezing! It's so cute but I do feel sorry for them having the odd sneezing fit!

As long as there's no discharge and her nose is clean it's probably just some irritant she breathed in.

AMETHYST

Bella can be quite sneezy but her nose is clear and the vet has never found anything wrong so I think she just has an extra sensitive nose. If you happen to touch her nose she really jumps too which never happens with Marlon.
I have a very sensitive nose myself so Bella is obviously my bunny equivalent!

Candy sneezes when she's been rummaging in the hay box and since she's started to moult she sneezes quit often. There's no discharge and her eyes are clear and bright so I guess she's just clearing her nose. Dobb's always has to go over to investigate and lowers his head down so he can see up into her face, that normally calms things down a bit and they run off together.

thank you every one :D
I checked her nose last night and she is fine!
Must be like you say either some dust or some hay, bless her! :D

I have a bun that use to sneeze all of the time, I took her in from a well known pets store as she was going to be pts because they said it was snuffles and couldn't be resold (She had been brought back). After different antibiotics and various tests it isn't snuffles she as an irritation up the nose that we have now under control with a medication that is syringed up her nose every 6 weeks and it stops it my vet had never tried it on a rabbit before it as only been used on cats and dogs but it was a risk i was prepared to take for her and I am so glad I did as she only sneezes now whe we are coming up to the sixth week.

Back