• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jealous bunny

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
I have 2 house buns, Daisy and Bertie. Daisy is very sweet natured and Bertie is a real handful, very boisterous. He has a habit of nicking food from Daisy and bless her, she just lets him. Any ideas on how I can stop this. Sometimes when I go to feed them their pellets first thing in the morning, as I am pouring them into the bowls he chases her and tries to nip her on the back. It's horrid as he isn't normally a viscious rabbit.... ideas please !!

I'd say take them out sperately for treats, make a fuss over one bun whilest the other is in the hutch/pen eating the veg, then swap.

When we feed our buns Donny always chases Fern until the food gets put down and then tries to shove her head out of the bowl! We don't worry about it too much as it isn't too vicous and Fern gets her own back sometimes!

Now instead of putting the bowl down we scatter their food around their room and hide it in places, this seems to distract him a bit and they get almost an even share, Donny is a big growing boy though! :lol: :lol:

Back