• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hard lump??

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
OMG :shock:

Gaz is at my house, & just rang to say one of the buns has a massive lump between her back legs??? & it's hard. She was on my knee last night & I never felt owt :oops: Just booked the afternoon off - I can go at 12.

(It's Barley, the 4mth old French Lop X)

Gosh Angie - I'm afraid I don't know what that could be, especially as it has appeared sp fast. Try not to panic though - if Gaz is anything like my boyfriend he may be exagerating because he's panicking.

Is it possible that she could have been bitten on the bum by another bunny? This could swell and become an absess. The only other thing I can think of is that it could be a ball of soft poohs that have dried and got stuck in her fur.

Whatever, you're doing the right thing in taking the afternoon off to care for her/take her to see the vet.

I hope it isn't anything serious - fingers crossed.

Anna x

Ermmm this may be a silly question but is he castrated yet? (Barley not Gaz!!)
If not maybe Gaz felt Barleys plums!!
If Barley has been castrated was it recent? If so he may be having an inflammatory response to the sutures or it could be a haemotoma (collection of blood under the skin).
Try not to panic I am sure your Vet will sort things out.
Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
If Barley has been castrated was it recent? If so he may be having an inflammatory response to the sutures or it could be a haemotoma (collection of blood under the skin).
Janex

Barley is a girl so i hope its not plums!! :wink:

missshell said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Janex

Oooops misread post :oops:
Hope she is OK
Do let us know.
Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
missshell said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Janex

Oooops misread post :oops:
Hope she is OK
Do let us know.
Janex

The way I sex, plums is always a possibility!!! :D

She had a couple of solid poops in her (quite long, fluffy fur). I washed em off, & trimmed "the area", so i can keep an eye out more easily. Her bum was clean last night & this morning, so I think it was Gaz over-reacting & scaring the life out of me, in an attempt to get me sacked over leaving my job on an afternoon. :shock: :oops: :oops:

Anyway all is good, Panic Over!!! :oops:

Back