• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oakley Bit me :(

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
My Oakley bit me last night. I was cleaning out her and stitches kennel and they were haing there tea on the floor of the porch when she came over and bit me!! She used to nip me when she wanted tickles but this was a proper bite, she wont come to me anymore and just runs away and she doesn't flop over like she used to. I dunno what i've done do you think it could be the move and the extra space she has? She has free run of the entire downstairs when were in and her and Stitch have a wee section of the porch and there kennel when were not in?? Any ideas?? Im so sad she was my baby and now she doesn't like me any more :(

Aww Phil of course she still loves you. Maybe shes just needing time to get used to her new surroundings and is feeling unsettled. Im sure that in a few days she'll be back to her usual self x

Thanks Missell i thought this might be why but we've been in the house over a week now and i thought she would have gotten used to it by now, oh well hopfully she will return to normal soon X Thank you XX

She probably bit you because you were in her space. She as just more freedom now and is loving it so she doesn't need mum & dad yet. She will come to you eventually she is just still exploring

Look what happened with Iris you thought she didn't like you and now you can cuddle her :D :D

I had this happen with my giant doe! New hutch, very exciting, lets bite everything including me! Ouch! Usually I get a soft nip when she wants attention (I think she thinks it's soft, it hurts!) but this was full out evil bite lol. She looked quite amused when I yelped.
She's been fine since, back to nipping! I always make sure my arms are covered lol!

Thanks raven yeh Oakley used to nip for attention but this was full on Bite!!! Hopefully she will go back to normal after a few more days

Back