• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor old girl

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This is the lovely Molly
mollyb.jpg

she came into Honeybunny's the week before last. She had been kept in a small, dirty cage in the back of a dark shed..no windows. the filth was about 5 inches deep..and her nails were extremely long :cry: .the "owner" didn't know if she was a boy or girl or how old she was......she said her partner had left and left the rabbit behind...when asked what the rabbit ate she turned to her 6 year old son and asked him :shock: :evil: He replied "we ran out of rabbit food a while ago but I have been giving her some grass"

The mother also asked the child for his money for a donation and the poor lad pulled a handful of change out of his pocket...I said " I don't take children's pocket money"..and left with the bun.

mollya.jpg

Mine and the vets guess is she's about 4 to 5 years old...but of course she could be older...she has now been speyed and is looking for a new home where she can be spoilt rotten! I just hope someone will offer this lady the loving home she so deserves.

She is beautiful xx

Some poeple are so bloody evil. What on earth is wrong with the woman? Well done again Jill xxxxxxxxxx

Jill - she is adorable! Her photo reminds me of Bigwig's (now with Eve) - so used to a tiny hutch she stretches out length-ways instead of upwards.

She's such a lovely colour. :love:

Well she has a wonderful temporary home with you and that will help to make up for all the neglect she has previously endured :cry:
I would very much like to say what I think of people like her previous owners :evil: :evil: but if I posted my toughts I'd be thrown off the forum.
Suffice to say what goes around comes around..........

Janex

Aww the poor girl im glad shes safe now and im sure she'll soon have the home she deserves. Shes lovely.
As for her owners, well im a huge believer in karma. They will also get what they deserve.

:twisted: Some people.
Glad she's with you Jill. She's a very beautiful girl.

Awww gorgeous girl, I'm so glad she's safe and well looked after now. I feel for the little boy there as well, what sort of home is that to grow up in. It sounds as if he may have been trying his best to look after the bun, I hope he remembers this and grows up to care instead :cry:

That story is awful... The worst part about it (since it did have a happy ending) is the values that woman has taught her son. Horrible to think that he was trying his best for Molly - he must have felt so frustrated. :( Hopefully that means he'll have learned something useful from it, rather than how to repeat what his mum did.

:( Awww poor girl.So glad she is with you now.I just don,t believe some people :twisted: they are beyond belief.

Well, that woman cant have any conscience can she to let a poor little creature live like that - I hope she learns her lesson well and truly one day :evil: I feel sorry for the little boy too :(
Thankfully Molly is with you now Jill - well donexx

The only thing I will say in the lady's defence is as least she bothered to ring a rescue to take the rabbit....Molly's pick- up was one of 3 I did in one evening and they were all BAD....I came home to my hubby in tears and said "I can't do this anymore"....he knew..as I did ..that I can and will....but this side of being a rescue is heartbreaking sometimes :cry:

OMG- poor Molly

Thats is absolutely disgusting :evil:
Thank god she's with you now Jill, is she very nervous?

She is quite timid..understandably so...but is getting used to me and likes to have her head stroked...she also loves her food...especially carrots :D

honeybunny said:
She is quite timid..understandably so...but is getting used to me and likes to have her head stroked...she also loves her food...especially carrots :D

Oh bless her.
It's wonderful that she is still trusting after all that.
Belle, the neglected bun from my sister's friend is still very scared and won't let me touch her, but she is slowly becoming more confident.

awwww! she looks like such a beautiful, gentle and sensitive soul. I'm glad she's with you now. It's absolutley awfull that she was kept in such awful conditions, I guess in a way she's one of the lucky ones as she was brought to you evenchally. I dread to think how many bunnies spend the rest of their days alone and forgottn and left to die as a prisoner at the end of someones garden :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: at least Molly is getting a second chance now.

What a shame that people are still doing these things to these wonderful animals. How some peple can be so unkind, I shell never know.
Well, she is in the best place now. Bless her she looks so gorgeous.
Best of luck in finding an forever home.
Carol X

Back