• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat and rabbit relationship

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Are anyones elses rabbits fascinated by cats?

Belle is in the house at the mo as its just too hot where she was outside and despite being an incredibly nervous girl (she runs and hides if I move towards her) she has taken to following my cat Worm around, as Hann used to do.

I think it must give her confidence to have another small creature around.

Yes both my rabbits love my cat! My cat doesnt love my rabbits though.....she is very timid, and avoids the rabbits like the plague!
They will both chase her, and she will just run away from them. I try to keep them apart, because Bubbles my cat is not impressed :lol: :lol:

At our old house some of our Rabbits lived in the front room.

Our poor Cats spent half the life pelting around the room with a Rabbit in hot pursuit! :lol:

Cats are definitely happier now as the Rabbits have a room to themselves which the Cats never venture into! :lol:

Louise

When Esmerelda and Bob first met Worm they would follow her round the garden butting her legs until she would give up and leave!

They all seem to get on well now, lying peacefully in the garden on nice days. When Worm sees Hann she often tries to flop down and rub her back against him, but thats a bit too much for him and he runs off!

:lol: :lol: :lol: arr bless. Well yesterday i looked out and Pepper and Bubbles (my cat) were laying next to eachother, i said to hubby oh look that must mean Pepper hormones are fading from his neuter, then an hour later Pepper was running after him again!!! :roll:
Poor cat will def be happier when i put Pepper in the run with Pepsi. :D

I had a bunny, Jessica, years ago when I still living at my parents. My parents next door neighbours used to have two fluffy cats. Jessica loved waiting for them to sit on our patio wall with their tails hanging down and then go for their tails!! (She was a bunny with a violent temper!!). They would let out a screech and leg it back next door and she would sit watching them go with what I'm sure was a really smug expression!

My cat was initially frightened of my rabbits. She'd try to climb to the highest point of the house. Now she's more inquisitive than anything. She goes into the hutch when the doors are open and they're in the run! :p Crazy critter!

My rabbit is indeed fascinated by a white cat that comes into our garden every night. He's not remotely afraid of him, he just stares at him through the window. :lol: :lol:

Yes! My girls will run up to Ollie (my cat) when he is in the garden to say hi, he always runs away from them as he is scared of them! :lol: Bless him! :lol: Not that I blame him, I would NOT want to get on the wrong side of Millie on a bad day. That bun is little miss attitude when she wants to be! :wink: :lol:

Years ago when I first started keeping rabbits, my rabbit Fred would hump my cat Dave, and Dave would let him!!!!!

Back