• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just had a call?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
a lady's bunny died a month ago :cry: bunny had pasterlla :cry: anyway she waant to kow if she can still use the shed and hutch she lived in if cleaned properly or whether she has to buy a new one to keep a bunny :? :? :? i said i didnt know and would find out for her???

anyone know?

Eve x

2 thorough scrubs with Virkon, allowing hutch/shed to dry out in between each clean will be OK if death was due to Pasteurella.
If death had been due to VHD however, I'd say buy new hutch/shed.
Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
2 thorough scrubs with Virkon, allowing hutch/shed to dry out in between each clean will be OK if death was due to Pasteurella.
Janex

thanks jane, where does the average owner buy virkon? i buy in boul but sure the single/pair owner wont want that much! :shock:

Jack's-Jane said:
Janex

I would agree with Jane, i have reused hutches runs that have had pasturella buns living in them and also hutches runs that have VHD in them but after the VHD i also built a New enclosure and used the shed as well which hadn't had anything in them. Now were moving the ravvits have got entirly new hutches and runs.

bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Janex

thanks jane, where does the average owner buy virkon? i buy in boul but sure the single/pair owner wont want that much! :shock:

Hmmm not sure but maybe you could sell her a sachet, proceeds to your Rescue :wink:

Janex

Back