• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to keep a shed cool!!

nicole

Mama Doe
Dougal's shed is ready to be put up.
Do you have any idea what I can put on the windows?

It has a pain of glass but I think it will get too hot, was going to put mesh in but the rain will get in and it will be cold in winter.

Any ideas guys??

I put my rabbits' shed up last week. I've put mesh on the windows. My rabbits are in their run in the garden until around 10pm so it's not very hot in their shed. I've seen portable battery powered fans they could be useful. In winter I intend to cover the window with clear plastic. Hope this helps. Must get back to painting the shed.

Thats what I thought. I have a shed at work where I keep all the rabbit food, hay etc and boy does it get hot.

Thanx for your help.xx

my shed has a mesh window and a mesh inner door, I have a blind on the outside of the window, its a wooden one, lets the air in and keeps most of the rain out! My rabbits often choose to lie in there instead of their run so it must stay fairly cool!

keeping a shed cool

I have taken out the glass windows in my shed & put in wire mesh on both sides of the window :) I also have 2 ceiling fans which keep it nice & cool :) if it,s very hot i leave them on all night so the bunnies are comfortable :)

stupid question....do the windows open? if so simply putting mesh on the inside to keep out the bugs but provide ventrilation etc..
....if they dont open replacing the whole window with mesh is going to get chilly (and if you have shutters to keep out the weather..very dark) in winter.

Back