• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clove appears to be choking-*Update*Shes okay

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Someone, please help, clove appears to be choking, she came running in for her food, and stopped eating. Now she is bringing up foamy stuff through her mouth and keeps jerking her head back and forth, theres even foam coming down her nose! Fudge is looking after her, but I don't know what to do! help! :cry:

Oh heck :( Righto, see if she has choked on a bit of food or gulped it down to quickly and it's gone down the wrong way. Also, check that she has not inhaled anything up her nose.
Try to calm her down and try really hard to keep calm as she will pick up your vibes and panic :?
Go and look at her and monitor her breathing - is it getting better, does she still have foam coming from her? If you are really worried and she seems to be getting worse or going blue around the mouth and nose you have to get her to a vet ASAP

Please let us know how she is doing :(

I am trying to stay calm, and so far have done so amazlingly! She is no longer producing any foam, and is lying flat out, making faint wimpering noises...her stomach doesn't feel hard, and I'll keep an eye out!

Poor girl! :cry:

update, she has just gotten up and started cleaning herself and is eating! Thankfully!
She is still making odd noises, so I am keeping an eye on her and her breathing is slower and fudge has backed off, instead of being all over her and following her, which must be a good sign!

I think she choked on a bit of nasturium leaf, as I know she loves them! Better go mop up the bits of salivia and nasturium!

Thanks jaypot!

she is eating and grooming, breathing is normal and has gone out into the run! she must have choked on her food, she did it once before to a lesser extent a few years back.

she is currently rearranging her cardboard box and bringing her to the vet would only stress her out and she appears okay, do you still think its necessary?

BTW sorry I put this in the wrong section, I couldn't even remember the title I gave the post so sorry, I got confused! :oops:

I think I would still take her to the Vets tomorrow for a check-up. Choking is a rare occurence in a bun and if she were mine I would want to check that there was not any physiological cause.
Glad she has recovered from this episode :)
Janex

I agree with Jane - a general check up would do no harm, they soon get over the stress of going to the vets.

Back