• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spay older doe ????

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
would you spay an older doe .?

i am getting a 6+year old doe for a potential friend for grumpy thumper . she is coming from our local rspca who havent had her spayed due to her age .

my dilemma is ....thumper likes a quiet life and if she pesters him it will make him miserable .
but if i have her spayed and things go wrong the poor bun may die .

i suppose i could try them first just to see and then decide . :?

ohhh i dont know , :roll: what do you all think

Angie

I'd try them first, I rekon at that age, she might have settled down. Never know, they might bond in seconds and live happily ever after :D xx

As long as she doesn't have any other health problems and her heart is ok I would spay her because of the risk of uterine cancer. I imagine it would be quite high at her age. Probably best to discuss it with your vet though.

I'd get a blood work-up(to check kidney/liver function) and chest X-ray(to check for latent lung disease of suspicious shadows that could be a metastatic disease from a UC already in situ) done first.
If all OK and Vet happy to proceed I'd get her done
:D :D
Janex

Estelle said:
As long as she doesn't have any other health problems and her heart is ok I would spay her because of the risk of uterine cancer. I imagine it would be quite high at her age. Probably best to discuss it with your vet though.

Jack's-Jane said:
I'd get a blood work-up(to check kidney/liver function) and chest X-ray(to check for latent lung disease of suspicious shadows that could be a metastatic disease from a UC already in situ) done first.
If all OK and Vet happy to proceed I'd get her done
:D :D
Janex

You two are very brave!! :oops:

Back