• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Muirne is Poorly-12/6- The ABDOMINAL MASS WAS.....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:( :( :(
She was fine last night but when I got up at 5am she was in obvious pain
:( :( Not eating and very few poops :( :(
She's had Metoclopromide/Metacam/Infacol and fluids. Could she have some healing vibes now please cos her poor tummy is very sore :( :(

Janex

Oh dear this is not looking good :(
She is continuing to bloat up and appears to be in even more pain :(
She's had more Infacol and a stronger pain killer.
I have seen lots of cases of bloat and I REALLY do not like the look of Muirne's condition at all :( :(

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Oh dear this is not looking good :(
She is continuing to bloat up and appears to be in even more pain :(
She's had more Infacol and a stronger pain killer.
I have seen lots of cases of bloat and I REALLY do not like the look of Muirne's condition at all :( :(

Janex

Come on Muirne, fight for your mummy.......................................

Sending you big hugs Jane.......................................................

Su.x

Thanks for your replies guys.
Muirne is still a poorly Bun :( I am giving her sub-cutaneous fluids. She will be due more Meds this evening.
:( :( :(

Janex

Jane, can you not try Buscopan with her if she is so poorly? It would take away those awful cramps and regulate her gut. I have used this many times with severe bloat and have to say that it has saved lives. You can either get the injection from the vets or give her half a tablet three times a day.
Vibes being sent to Murnie - xxxx

Jaypot said:
Jane, can you not try Buscopan with her if she is so poorly? It would take away those awful cramps and regulate her gut. I have used this many times with severe bloat and have to say that it has saved lives. You can either get the injection from the vets or give her half a tablet three times a day.
Vibes being sent to Murnie - xxxx

Thanks Jay. I have some Buscopan (injectable) so will give it a go now.
Really appreciate your help :)
Janex

I usually find that you see an improvement after half an hour - have had to do it twice though with Jack once 'cos he was very poorly :( But after the second injection four hours later he was fine :D Let's hope that Murnie gets the benefit and is eating, pooping and playing soon :D :D

Hi Jane ,
Have just read this post. Hope things are looking a little better for your little bunny.
All the best, fingers are all crossed
Take Care
Carol X

Any news? Clover and Dusty send special healing vibes, as they know what it's like to have a bad tum.

No improvement at all :(
Just spoken with duty Vet (not Christabel :( ) and he says I am doing all the right things ........
If I take her to the surgery I doubt she'd survive the journey :(
I have given her more pain relief (after checking with Vet) and fluids but things are really not looking too good :(
I will give her a second dose of Buscopan later as Jay suggests (THANK YOU AGAIN JAY!!) and try to keep her cool and hydrated. To be honest I am not sure she is going to make it :(
This is a real shock as there was absolutely no warning signs at all.
Janex

Back