• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

not eating

Millie was fine this morning but she has been out in her run now and she kept lying down around the run whereas she s usually grazing or playing with her toys and now I've just locked them up for the night and she wont eat. She also keeps lying strangely looking as if shes trying to go to the toilet. This happened to her a few weeks ago when she got back from the cattery and I really don't want to her go into statis. I've left grass, dandylions and parsely, and greens to temp her but she is just lying down in her hutch. The vets is closed but I still have an unopened sache of science recovery from when she was ill before. Should I try and syringe feed her some of that? :? I'm so worried, I don't want her gut activity to stop. :( I really hope I'm just worrying over nothing!

She may have a little wind :oops: This happened to Bobby a couple of weeks ago. Try massaging her tummy. If you have any infacol, you could try that to disperse any 'bubbles'! Also movement may help, so try to get her moving a little.
Hope this helps.
When was the last time she ate and pooped?

Thanks HS. :D She was eating normally this morning and was eating her greens in her litter box so she must have been pooping then. I've just gone out and checked on her and she hasn't eated any greens and shes lying a bit funny, like she's trying to lie on her tummy. I gave a her a tummy rub before I put her away. Will she be ok untill tomorrow? :?

It's probably worth a phone call to the vets. They will be able to tell you what to do over the phone. Hope she feels better soon.

No, I don't think so. :? I have just syringed her some science recovery to keep her gut moving along and a bit of water just incase she is dehydrated. I will see how shes doing tomorrow and take her too the vets if she's still not eating. I hope she's ok. :( Thanks for the advice Aliandbuns and HS. :D

Millie is eating carrot tops and parsely this morning, she is nibbling on a bit of hay and I've just seen her eat some pellets. She also looks alot livelier. :D I'm keeping a close eye on her (and Ruby as last time Millie stopped eating so did Ruby :shock: ) but hopefully she'll be ok now. :D These bunnies eh, like to keep us on our toes! :roll: :lol:

Phew! That's good news! I know when Bobby was like that, we were really concerned, cut short a meal with friends, out in the dark syringe feeding etc. Next morning, right as rain 'what's up mummy? I feel great!' :roll: Life is never dull is it?!

Back