• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted has been poorly :(

anna

Mama Doe
When I got home from work yesterday evening I discovered Ted looking very unhappy, and he was off his food. I thought he might pick up when the temperature cooled, as it has been so hot this week, but by about 9pm he had got much worse, so he was rushed into the vets.

He was given some metoclop (?) to get his gut moving, and baytril as an antibiotic. He also had had some fluids injected into him as the vet was concerned he was dehydrated, which caused a big bubble to form on his back, which was a little bit funny in all the panic! I then had to syringe feed him recovery formula on our return.

By this morning, he was a bit brighter, but only having a nibble at his food, not eating properly, so we went back to the vet this morning where the injections were repeated.

Tonight he seems much happier, and he is eating again, but he is on baytril for the next few days, and is going back to the vets tomorrow evening for a check-up.

I have been so worried about him, he is my baby! I felt awful leaving him today so I could go to work, I wanted to just phone in sick and stay with him, but the vets bill was to large for me to miss a days pay! Dougal has been a little star looking after Ted! Although he gets so jealous of Ted getting all the fuss!

Rallybunny said:
Glad he's feeling better now! :) Do they always get a bubble when injected with sub-cut fluids?

I don't know to be honest, the vet injected the fluids into Ted just under his skin on his back, and it took a while for it to soak into his system, was more of a big bump!

Well, he's been back to the vets tonight for a check-up, the vet is pleased with him, although I still don't feel he is quite back to normal yet, he is eating normally, drinking plenty and is interested in whats going on, but he's not his normal bouncy hyper-active self yet! He is on baytrill for 3 more days yet so I will see how he gets on.

Back