• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adtrader free bunny in barry

Not that I'm not COMPLETELY glad I got her - but, if anyone else is getting free ad buns (even temporary, like me) please be aware they may be pregnant or ill. :( Rescues know what situations they may be getting into, but someone (like say ME!!), might not have the experience to deal with ill buns/babies. I don't regret getting her - but just be aware it's not all Happy Ever After!!! :? :D

Angie
Think I may have missed this, what is wrong with the bun you rescued?
Sorry to be nosey!

mandy said:
Angie
Sorry to be nosey!

She was living with her un-neutered son - then I had to cancel her emergency spay cos she had diarrhea, & was quite ill. She's eating now & running around, so she'll probably be fine - but not everyone who takes on free ad buns has the money for Vets bills (I'm ok, & BARC did very kindly offer to pay :D - but that might not always happen) or the experience to handle babies if they arrive (I have none!). So sometmes "helping" a free ad bun, might be harder & more expensive than you first assume! NOT that I'm complaining :D She's lovely - but not everyone gets paid large sums of money just to be on RU all day :oops: :lol: :lol:

This person in Barry frequently advertises buns on the freeads, so sadly helping one bun from there is only likely to result in the need to help more buns in the future, it's a difficult situation :cry:

Angie65 said:
mandy said:
Angie
Sorry to be nosey!

She was living with her un-neutered son - then I had to cancel her emergency spay cos she had diarrhea, & was quite ill. She's eating now & running around, so she'll probably be fine - but not everyone who takes on free ad buns has the money for Vets bills (I'm ok, & BARC did very kindly offer to pay :D - but that might not always happen) or the experience to handle babies if they arrive (I have none!). So sometmes "helping" a free ad bun, might be harder & more expensive than you first assume! NOT that I'm complaining :D She's lovely - but not everyone gets paid large sums of money just to be on RU all day :oops: :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean! Belle, the neglected bun from my sisters friend has already cost me much more money than anticipated as she had to have a check up, GA for molars and myxi jab (VHD to follow as well). Still glad I took her in though! Would really like to demand money off my sister's friend to pay for her dental treatment but I just know my lovely sister would end up paying, so i'm not going to mention it.

Its really good that bun is with you now :D , as it doesn't sounds as though she would have had proper treatment for her diarreah in her old home- or help with the babies.

Back